Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Alpine Coach Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 01-19-2007, 03:21 PM   #29

Alpine Owners Club
Hugh,

Thanks for letting me know about the newer bedside lights. I am here in Quartzsite, so I will ask Burk about that when I see him tomorrow. Wish I had seen this before just now (I have been unable to get to the Internet the past few days), as I would have asked Ron when I saw him today. In any case, I will definitely bring that up, as I think that is important for those of us who like to read in bed before retiring...whether we are plugged in or dry camping!

And, Tom & Ted, keep looking and post your results, as I think a lot of us would love a solution to our front door wind noise!!! Thanks in advance!

gjstacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-20-2007, 06:00 PM   #30

Alpine Owners Club
While at the Tampa RV show today I noticed another brand of RV with the same make of front door that is on the Alpine.On the forward inside of the door they had a 1/4" thick piece of foam strip on top of the existing seal.It might be worth a try.

Old 01-20-2007, 07:19 PM   #31

Alpine Owners Club
Yes, we put some of that foam stripping along the inside of our front door jam, too. It sort of works, but over time it seems to wear and start letting the noise in again. We would love to find a more permanent solution, but don't know if that is possible with the current door.

The other thing John did was move our door latch to tighten the door. That helped the wind noise some, too, but sure makes the door hard to open sometimes.
Old 01-21-2007, 07:16 PM   #32

Gail and John,
sorry we missed you at Quartzsite . We just got home (we pulled out early this am). Maybe see you at the Las Vegas Rally
hrhuggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 06:10 PM   #33

Alpine Owners Club
Hi Hugh and Cyndi,

I'm sorry I missed meeting you in Quartzsite. I was the one standing up front in the General Membership meeting, giving the Treasurer's report, and then on Saturday evening talking about the upcoming SoCal rallies. I'll make sure to find you at the LV rally.
Old 01-25-2007, 06:33 AM   #34

Ted III and Carol,

Did you ever get your TV problems sorted out?

Beverly
Old 02-02-2007, 06:01 PM   #35

WRV has some kind of a kit that they supplied my dealer with for the entrance door noise. Mark had mentioned it to me before I had taken it in for service and having the tires checked.I was not able to afford anything beyond the tire checking. Anyway I drove it home which is app. 35 miles and 20 of it on the turnpike. There was absolutely no noise at any speed. Only problem I found, was how many other noises are in the coach. I guess everything is a trade off. Truly it is by far the best it has ever been. Time will tell as to its longevity.
Ted III is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2007, 12:34 PM   #36
TGF

We just took delivery on May 1,2007 of our new Limited SE coach. The worst problem so far is the excessive wind noise at the front door, Hard to talk to spouse. Izzy tried to fix, but still major problem. Any one with suggestions. Thanks>TGF
Old 05-14-2007, 08:46 PM   #37

TGF,
there have been threads on this forum about this. seems to be a common problem. Try this one to see if you get what you want front door wind noise
hrhuggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 12:22 PM   #38

Here is another thread on Entrance Door Wind Noise that may be of use.
This appears to be especially irksome with wind from driver's side to passenger's, and worse still if it is about 50% headwind. Tailwind or wind from passenger's side doesn't seem to howl thru the seals.
Old 08-02-2007, 08:52 AM   #39

WARNING TO ANYONE THINKING OF BUYING FROM SADDLEBACK RV IN COLTON, CA. I bought a brand new Carriage Carri-lite from Saddleback RV in Colton, CA in April and took delivery of it on May 25 of '07 with very very few and minor things that needed to be completed on the "Due Bill" as of 8/2/07 these items have still not be completed and after several calls to them requesting a call back NEVER! have they returned one of my calls, they have even lost my license plates. Their service dept. must be the worst in the industry and I have heard this from many others as well. The salesman was great and the RV is wonderful but because of their horrible service I would NEVER EVER recommend them to anyone. Had I known about all this before I would have rather spent a little more on the coach and gotten the service I deserve. I even spoke with the general manager and still things have not been resolved.
Old 08-03-2007, 08:49 PM   #40

I also have had great service performed twice on my 2001 Alpine at Saddleback. That said, I know my motorhome is not a Lexus, it is a home on wheels, so a little understanding goes a long way. Just like us, those service people who work on our coaches have to deal with not only life's issues day to day but with parts issues and angry, overly demanding customers. With all due respect malibujeanne, have you presented your issues in a calm manner to the person in charge? I'll bet they are most anxious to make sure you are happy if they know there is a problem.
Old 08-22-2007, 05:05 PM   #41

Hi my name is Ron Strait. I look forward to meeting you at an upcoming event and if I ever can do anything to help you please don't hestitate to contact me. Thanks Ron Strait