RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > National RV Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 01-05-2014, 11:17 AM   #1

'04 Dolphin Water Manifold Area Leak

Hello Group.

My neighbor has a '04 Gas Dolphin. In the water manifold area left rear where the brass valves, water inlet is there is a slight drip from the bottom of the enclosure.

From previous posts it appears the brass valves will leak after a bit. I saw where one poster built a new service panel with PVC valves.

The face of the panel is one piece of metal and appears to be secured with plastic angle pieces on the sides and across the top with some screws across the bottom.

They are using it this winter, so disabling the water system is not a option. Can the panel be removed, valve replaced, or is this a major plumbing issue. Like the more you mess with it, the worse it gets.

I am pretty handy, and if it was my M/H would not have a problem working on this, but I do not want to get into a major repair project on something that is not mine. We are in a RV park for winter, so most of the tools are home, not here.

Your thoughts and experiences appreciated.

Thanks Jim

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-05-2014, 07:42 PM   #2

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Send a message via ICQ to Fred and Bonnie
I had a drip from the same area, when I removed the front panel (All screws and end plastic pieces) the panel can be moved out a few inches. My leak was the city water inlet/water pressure regulator. I too had suspected the brass selector valves, not the case. Hopefully this will be the case, I believe you can replace the inlet fixture while running off the water tank.

Fred

Fred and Bonnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 12:36 AM   #3

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Yep, like Fred above said, it's the city water inlet. Same thing happened to mine also. You can get the inlet with built in regulator at Camping World. I also had a back flow problem where the water tank would fill up when connected to city water. That problem was a faulty three way brass valve (Watts Regulator) that is used for City Water or Tank Fill. I also replaced that and the back flow problem stopped.
kennersonf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 06:15 AM   #4

National RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Replaced my Shurflo water entry port • Model # 183-039-01 Aftermarket
and all dripping stopped.
Richard S. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 06:31 AM   #5

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Click image for larger version

Name:	Norms iPhone 11-23=13 086.jpg
Views:	352
Size:	236.4 KB
ID:	53295

This is what you will see or something similar. Leaks can come from variable sources mine was from my water pump connection and showed up when I used water from my tank rather than city water.

It is not a huge problem on my 03 to remove the panel and inspect. It is tight in there and but workable. Good luck.
njs42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 08:48 AM   #6

Thanks to Everyone.

The pic says it all. I'll let my neighbor read this thread and have him make the call whether to open it up. Looks like getting to it is the worst part.

Jim
Old 01-29-2014, 10:13 AM   #7

Water issues

Thanks njs42 for the pic. I have a leak back there and my fresh water tank fills while connected to city water. Now the water spits and sputters while the pump runs. Is the pump also located behind that panel?
popbailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 06:54 AM   #8

National RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Yes the pump sits there.
Richard S. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 11:40 AM   #9

water pump

Thanks Richard S.
popbailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 07:04 AM   #10

National RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I had a leak there as well. I just set up at the CG and noticed a drip from that bay. I removed the panel and the pressure regulator at the water inlet was leaking. I just tightened the screws on the back of the regulator. No more drip for a year now.

Tags
dolphin, leak, water