RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > National RV Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 05-15-2010, 12:16 PM   #1

Fleetwood Owners Club
Question '06 and '07 Sea Breeze Mdl 1321 Outside Compartment doors

We are new to iRV2.forums as of today. Great website with loads of good info.

We are considering purchasing a used '06 or '07 Sea Breeze Mdl 1321, and have a question about the outside storage compartment doors/areas. Do each of these doors lock from the outside? We couldn't see a lock on the doors on the pictures we've been looking at on-line, but the pictures don't have close-ups so we couldn't tell.

Any '06 or '07 Sea Breeze owners out there? If so, how do you like yours? Pros and Cons? Average miles per gallon?

Thank you

meant2shop is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-15-2010, 07:17 PM   #2

National RV Owners Club
We own a 2004 National Dolphin. Although we own a different MH I have never seen a MH, trailer or any other type of RV that doesn't have locks on all outside doors. Most likely the lock is part of the handle. One other little fact about cargo locks is that most of them use the same cut for the key. So my cargo key could very easily fit your doors along with hudreds of other doors. doesn't make much sense I know but we have never had anything stolen from our cargo compartments even while in storage lots.
Your question about gas mileage depends on the chassis and engine you have. Not trying to be a wise guy, but if your main concern is gas mileage you may want to look at something besides a MH. They average about 6-9 MPG. Just the nature of the beast.
As for as quality and workmanship I don't think you can find a better MH in the price range better than a National product. We have had ours for 5 years with about 35,000 miles and love it. Good luck with your search.

Belgian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 07:24 PM   #3

National RV Owners Club
I just thought about your question on quality. Back when we were looking for a MH we did a search here in IRV2.com and on RV.net and entered 'best motorhome' in the search box and that is what lead us to National & Dolphin.
National is out of business now but most warrenty propblems if you have them can be covered by the chassis mfg or the component mfg. If you are buying from a dealer get a warrenty from them also or have them include a maintenace contract in the price.
Old 05-18-2010, 06:22 PM   #4

Fleetwood Owners Club
Where do you run a VIN check on RV to get history?

We are seriously considering buying a used '07 Sea Breeze MH by National RV. Before we travel across country to take a closer look, we want to know the history of the RV and confirm it doesn't have a salvaged title, etc.

I have a copy of the title and want to run a check on the VIN number. Can CARFAX do this on an RV or should I try a different source, like Edmunds, or....?

Thanks
meant2shop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 10:18 PM   #5

National RV Owners Club
Carfax may work. You also may want to try NADA.com I'm not sure if they can do title searches or if they are just for prices. There are also companies that do vehicle inspections. Maybe look up a company in the town where the MH is located.
Old 05-19-2010, 06:02 AM   #6

National RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I have a 07 Seabreeze 8321 on the 06 Ford chassis, this is my second National RV and have owned a total of 5 motorhomes the Nationals have been the best for me. I get 7 to 8 miles per Gal. and tow a Ford Ranger pick up. All storage compartment lock excpt for the LPG and water heater doors. Solid built motorhomes.

Richard S. is online now   Reply With Quote