RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > National RV Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login

Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 05-23-2019, 08:31 PM   #1

12 VDC Wiring

I recently purchased a National RV Tropi-Cal M290 and I have not been able to locate any 12V DC Battery System. I have also not been able to locate the 120 Volt Power Breaker Box or Breaker Switches anywhere in the RV.

It has a 5.5 kw generator with a 30 Amp connector, but I can't figure out where the Breaker Panel or Breaker Switches are located.

Also from what I have been able to find out about this model it came with a 12V DC battery system, does anyone know if this was an option or standard feature on the new RV, if it was standard feature, where should I look to find the original battery box or connections to charge the 12 v battery system when using either the generator or 120 V system.

I want to install a solar panel and if needed, I will build a new battery box with a converter/charger and an Inverter. I just need to know what would have been part of the original RV so I can get it back up and running.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-23-2019, 09:46 PM   #2

Damon Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minerbm View Post
I recently purchased a National RV Tropi-Cal M290 and I have not been able to locate any 12V DC Battery System. I have also not been able to locate the 120 Volt Power Breaker Box or Breaker Switches anywhere in the RV.

It has a 5.5 kw generator with a 30 Amp connector, but I can't figure out where the Breaker Panel or Breaker Switches are located.

Also from what I have been able to find out about this model it came with a 12V DC battery system, does anyone know if this was an option or standard feature on the new RV, if it was standard feature, where should I look to find the original battery box or connections to charge the 12 v battery system when using either the generator or 120 V system.

I want to install a solar panel and if needed, I will build a new battery box with a converter/charger and an Inverter. I just need to know what would have been part of the original RV so I can get it back up and running.
Hi Minerbm, I'm not familiar with that brand of RV (is it a TT or MH)? I have seen some batteries under or near the front step. Look around and see if you can't locate it there. Otherwise, it might be helpful to crawl around under the unit, you will probably see wires running to/from the generator to the battery. Again, I've never seen an RV without a battery as the presence of the battery is necessary for coach items like the lights and refrigerator. Good luck..

psandoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2019, 12:12 AM   #3

National RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
In National RV gas motorhomes the batteries are under the entrance step. At least in my 99 Dolphin that is where the chassis and house batteries are. The step is hinged lift to access the batteries.
1999 35 ft. Dolphin 5350, F53, Banks System, 5 Stars Tune, Air Lift Air Bags, Koni Shocks, Blue OX TruCenter, TigerTrak track bars F&R, Roadmaster 1-3/4" rear auxiliary sway bar, 2004 F450 Lariat 6.0 Diesel Crew Cab DRW, 4X4, B&W Custom Truck Bed, GVWR 15,000, Front GAWR 6,000, Rear GAWR 11,000, GCWR 26,000, 1994 36ft Avion 5er, GVWR 13,700
chboone is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
wiring