Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > National RV Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-04-2015, 02:22 PM   #1

1994 National Seabreeze Kwikee Jack problems

Hello Everyone:-))
When we purchased our 1994 National Seabreeze a couple of years ago, there was a big problem with the jack control panel and I found a post here where an owner had designed, built and installed a manual system using toggle switches. I built one too and it worked, except for one problem. It is very difficult to level the coach or retract the jacks. The problem I am having seems to be some kind of cross firing or leaking between the hydraulic lines. For instance, if I try to bring lets say, the right front jack up, the right rear will come down. This happens between all of the positions, either raising or lowering the jacks. What could be causing this? The oil reservoir is full and everything is connected properly, both hydraulically and electrically. Thanks is anyone can help here:-)
Regards,
Bruce
equis is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-05-2015, 12:01 PM   #2

Gulf Streamers Club

The only manual I found for Kwikee jacks was a 2003 model, it may be different for yours.

http://support.powergearus.com/techdocs/KSG002.pdf

According to it, the pump provides pressure to a manifold that has solenoid valves for up and down hoses that go to each jack. I'd check that your home built system is sending pure signals to each solenoid, it sounds like voltage is being sent to more than one solenoid at a time.

I'm curious, there was no control pad available to replace yours? Did you check with the company to be sure your solution was viable?

Bob & Donna
'98 Gulf Stream Sun Voyager DP being pushed by a '00 Beetle TDI
BFlinn181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2015, 02:33 PM   #3

The Kwikee touch pad is anywhere from $600 to $800, if you can find one and some of the ones people installed were duds, so this fix at about $50, was the best possible. I Am getting pure signals and have double checked everything again. He had put a 5th toggle switch in the system as an ALL UP, using 4 diodes and when I disconnected that things were a lot better:-) Thanks for the response, Bruce
equis is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kwikee, national, seabreeze