Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > National RV Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-12-2016, 12:36 AM   #1

1997 National Seabreeze

We are possibly looking at buying a 34 foot 1997 National Seabreeze Class A. It's a two owner coach. It's a private sale and all the rear tires were replaced October 2015. The front tires were supposedly OK at the time and not replaced. I will be checking tire manufacturing dates and brands. I've only seen the coach in photos so far. I was waiting until I got our TT sold and that happens later this week so we will be able to actively looking at motorhomes now.

This one is close by and in our price range so we want to go look at it. Is this a quality brand and worth looking at? Anything we need to know about this brand and model?

Thanks in advance
raeden is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-12-2016, 11:37 AM   #2

National RV Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
We bought a 2000 Seabreeze in 2013 and are very happy with it. I have spent many hours adding/changing things to make it our own. It looks like a new one now. If you do get it you can PM me with your phone # and I'll be glad to tell you what I did.
Old 07-12-2016, 01:16 PM   #3

Thanks! It looks like it is good qualitqtdxy and it's pretty low miles.0
Old 07-12-2016, 01:17 PM   #4

Not zero miles. My 13 month old grandbaby hit send. It has 48000 and they want 10,000 for it.
Old 07-13-2016, 07:42 AM   #5

National RV Owners Club
I am assuming that, at this price, it has no slide. Typically the models with no slide go for about 60% of 1 with a slide go for. You will be better off taking someone with you to see it that has a motorhome, and knows what to look for. Some older motorhomes can be a money pit .

National made a top quality product and most National owners (like us) just love them.
Old 07-13-2016, 10:08 AM   #6

National RV Owners Club
X2 what Gerry said. We bought a 1998 Sea Breeze 33' 1330 Limited no slodes with the Chevy chassis. We paid a little under $14K at a dealer. We hired a mobile RV repair tech to do a presale inspection for $200 and it was worth it. Some items he pointed out needed repairs and we decided to take that on. Some others have popped up since we started using it. We love our National but at that price as others have said, check her over good to avoid a money pit.
Old 07-13-2016, 01:22 PM   #7

National RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by m.elliott63 View Post
X2 what Gerry said. We bought a 1998 Sea Breeze 33' 1330 Limited no slides with the Chevy chassis. We paid a little under $14K at a dealer. We hired a mobile RV repair tech to do a presale inspection for $200 and it was worth it. Some items he pointed out needed repairs and we decided to take that on. Some others have popped up since we started using it. We love our National but at that price as others have said, check her over good to avoid a money pit.

Great advice that the Elliott's are giving you. Many people who have not owned a coach before, mistakenly just look at some cosmetics and mileage. There are so many systems on a motor HOME and you have to check all of them. For example, low hours on the generator is NOT necessarily a good thing and a knowledgeable owner or RV tech can explain all those little things to you. And possibly save you $$$$ either on the front end price, or the back end with repair costs. Spending $200 to $500 for a pre-sale inspection is well worth it.

That's better than doing this in the future
Old 07-23-2016, 08:56 PM   #8

National RV Owners Club
I guess I'm lucky. In 2014 we bought a 1997 Tropi-Cal for $12,500.00 with a living room slide, brand new tires (including spare), new house batteries and new brakes. It's on a Ford chassis and the only thing I have done is change the converter ( it went out this week), rebuild one jack and replace the slide circuit board. I have done other things like change the tv's out to new ones, added satellite in motion, changed the fridge out to a residential one and change the mattress.
jimnkee is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
national, seabreeze