RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > National RV Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 02-29-2016, 10:49 AM   #1

National RV Owners Club
1998 Sea Breeze plumbing help

Looking for help with the water routing on my 1998 Sea Breeze 1330 Limited. Is there a valve I need to switch to go between city water supply to tank and pump? I have limited information with the manual on this since we purchased used and no walk through. When I look under the bed, I see 2 lines coming into the tank. One is the fresh water connection bot I am unsure as to what the other connection is. It looks like maybe a vent hose? 1-1/2"-2" while the other is like 1/2"-3/4" braided hose. Then there in an oulet down low on the right front along with a wire that is for the pump maybe? Or level sensors? On the left front, there is another outlet with a valve that maybe a drain. There are also valves for the hot & cold low point drains that I can see from both inside and outside. Is the plumbing all the same and you simply leave the pump turned off for city water connection and it feeds by pressure from the tank? I am really confused as to how to bypass the tank and get water to the entire coach. I know someone out there can help...thanks!

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-29-2016, 12:27 PM   #2

Gulf Streamers Club
You don't want city water pressurizing the water tank. Over the large areas involved, the tank could expand to burst or wreck surrounding structure.

Where do you hook up city water hose? Many RVs have a hose connection for city water and an opening to fill with the hose that runs into the tank. No valve needed in that set up. If you have a single place to connect the hose, then you most certainly have a selector valve to fill tank or pressurize the water system.

Bob & Donna
'98 Gulf Stream Sun Voyager DP being pushed by a '00 Beetle TDI
BFlinn181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2016, 02:58 PM   #3

Service Bay

If you will go to the service bay on the left side of the coach you will find the service panel (water hook up). You will find a valve labeled tank fill or system pressurized. Select the desired position. Just be warned if you select tank fill you can overfill the tank and the overfill valves will open and dump water at the rear of the coach.
xflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2016, 06:56 AM   #4

National RV Owners Club
Thanks for all of the help guys. I have a hose connection on the outside rear of the coach behind a locked flap like the fuel fill and actually pretty close. Lists using a regulated supply of 33 psi. There is another hose connection in the wet service bay that I will have to assume is the fill port or the pupm suction line maybe? There is also the outdoor shower faucet but no valves related to water. Of course there is also the sewer line connection and dump valves for the gray and black water tanks. We have a spring break trip planned for late March but winter here in Indiana is a little reluctant to give up so I am a bit nervous to dewinterize and test where and how the water flows. Just trying to get this all figured out and tested so any needed repairs can be made prior to the trip. When investigating the plumbing, I discovered the fresh water tank is about 1/3 full of fresh water. I guess this is part of the CW winterization procedure. Never using them again for ANY service.
Old 03-01-2016, 10:53 AM   #5

National RV Owners Club
No water heater bypass

I was working on geting the gas burners cleaned last night and noticed the lack of a bypass valve located anywhere, at least in the water heater compartment. I haven't been able to find on anywhere else either.
Old 03-01-2016, 11:09 AM   #6

Gulf Streamers Club
The winterizing by pass valve could be located anywhere, logic would say it's in a heated compartment, but logic doesn't always work in RV construction. Since you don't have an owner's manual and I've not found a link to one anywhere, I'd suggest spending some quality time with a flashlight, pad, and pencil and going front to back, noting any component with a name and model number. Then use Google to search for the manuals for each component. You'll probably learn far more than the owner's manual. They are usually very generic and don't give specifics as to location and cross connections of your RV's equipment. If you want to see owner's manuals to get some idea, check out Winnebago's manuals available as PDF files. Winnebago Industries

Other manufacturer's also have manuals available online also.

Bob & Donna
'98 Gulf Stream Sun Voyager DP being pushed by a '00 Beetle TDI
BFlinn181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2016, 04:35 PM   #7

More answers

Again go look in the service bay on the left rear of your coach. The water heater bypass valve is there. The other water hose bib hookup you see is the black water tank clean out fitting. You can hook a water hose to it and the water is sprayed into the black water tank to help flush/wash it. National was way ahead with innovations for motor coaches.
Old 03-01-2016, 11:20 PM   #8

National RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
As xflyer said the look in the wet bay for the city water (pressure) connection and water heater bypass. The connection at rear of your MH sounds like the tank fill connection. If all else post a picture of your wet bay.
The attached picture is what my wet bay looks like. The valve on the left is to bypass the water heater. Valve on the middle is for selecting to fill tank or pressuring the water system from the city water connection. To see more pictures of the valve panel check this post.
Filling and draining freshwater on 1999 Sea View
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	water1_zps68517642.jpg
Views:	184
Size:	56.8 KB
ID:	120330  
1999 35 ft. Dolphin 5350, F53, Banks System, 5 Stars Tune, Air Lift Air Bags, Koni Shocks, Blue OX TruCenter, TigerTrak track bars F&R, Roadmaster 1-3/4" rear auxiliary sway bar, 2004 F450 Lariat 6.0 Diesel Crew Cab DRW, 4X4, B&W Custom Truck Bed, GVWR 15,000, Front GAWR 6,000, Rear GAWR 11,000, GCWR 26,000, 1994 36ft Avion 5er, GVWR 13,700
chboone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2016, 05:54 PM   #9

National RV Owners Club
Plumbing Confusion

Quote:
Originally Posted by xflyer View Post
Again go look in the service bay on the left rear of your coach. The water heater bypass valve is there. The other water hose bib hookup you see is the black water tank clean out fitting. You can hook a water hose to it and the water is sprayed into the black water tank to help flush/wash it. National was way ahead with innovations for motor coaches.
Well...AGAIN...I went to look at the wet bay mid way back on the drivers side (for like the 10th time since November) for the valves you mentioned and guess what? THEY ARE STILL NOT THERE!!! See photos.

So...I did notice on the locked flap the note about potable water only and on the cap inside, "Non Pressure Water" on the cap for the 3/4" hose connection. So, I am assuming that this is indeed the fresh water tank fill. This leads me to believe that the hose connection in the wet bay is the city water connection??? You can see in the pictures, there is a screen on that connection so it does not make sense that it would be a black water tank flush. I will have to test what this connection does but with more snow (sorry...4 letter word) coming tonight, it will have to wait until Sunday when it's back to 60 degrees. Still have no bypass valve for the water heater.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	20160302_173841.jpg
Views:	99
Size:	275.4 KB
ID:	120373   Click image for larger version

Name:	20160302_173828.jpg
Views:	147
Size:	232.9 KB
ID:	120374  

Name:	20160302_173833.jpg
Views:	124
Size:	244.7 KB
ID:	120375   Click image for larger version

Name:	20160302_174037.jpg
Views:	167
Size:	155.5 KB
ID:	120376  

Old 03-02-2016, 06:05 PM   #10

National RV Owners Club
Plumbing Confusion Continues

I thought I would post some additional pictures in hopes of getting all things figured out. You all have been great at suggesting what to look for and I greatly appreciate it. I will be more than happy o pay it forward where I can.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	20160302_174202.jpg
Views:	92
Size:	88.2 KB
ID:	120379   Click image for larger version

Name:	20160302_174213.jpg
Views:	105
Size:	203.6 KB
ID:	120380  

Name:	20160302_174225.jpg
Views:	130
Size:	161.2 KB
ID:	120381   Click image for larger version

Name:	20160302_174232.jpg
Views:	102
Size:	163.1 KB
ID:	120382  

Old 03-02-2016, 06:10 PM   #11

National RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by BFlinn181 View Post
The winterizing by pass valve could be located anywhere, logic would say it's in a heated compartment, but logic doesn't always work in RV construction. Since you don't have an owner's manual and I've not found a link to one anywhere, I'd suggest spending some quality time with a flashlight, pad, and pencil and going front to back, noting any component with a name and model number. Then use Google to search for the manuals for each component. You'll probably learn far more than the owner's manual. They are usually very generic and don't give specifics as to location and cross connections of your RV's equipment. If you want to see owner's manuals to get some idea, check out Winnebago's manuals available as PDF files. Winnebago Industries

Other manufacturer's also have manuals available online also.
BFlinn181...that's great suggestion and I plan on doing just that when time and weather allows. I fear that I might just have to figure it out on the fly during our first 10 day trip starting on 3/25!!! No big deal I suppose, just wanted to be prepared. Thanks again.
Old 03-02-2016, 08:39 PM   #12

National RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Ok, seems there's a big difference from your 98 to my 99. All my tanks black, gray, and fresh under the floor between the floor and frame. You are correct that city water connection is the one you suspect it is. The adapter by the outside shower is probably for it. My low point drain for the lines is the outside shower. About the water heater bypass I have read where some have found them under the refrigerator. It could also be at the back of the heater. My Dolphin has a panel under the kitchen sink that can be removed by removing 6 small screws. The heater bypass in my Dolphin is in the wet bay.
You can start a new thread in the National RV Owners Forum if someone has the owners manual for a 95 to 98 National RV and would they copy it for you. Doesn't have to be a Sea Breeze, the owners manual are very generic so any gas power RV of that vintage would get one. Also try posting in the Yahoo Groups National RV forum for a manual. You will need to join to post there.
https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/...tions/messages
1999 35 ft. Dolphin 5350, F53, Banks System, 5 Stars Tune, Air Lift Air Bags, Koni Shocks, Blue OX TruCenter, TigerTrak track bars F&R, Roadmaster 1-3/4" rear auxiliary sway bar, 2004 F450 Lariat 6.0 Diesel Crew Cab DRW, 4X4, B&W Custom Truck Bed, GVWR 15,000, Front GAWR 6,000, Rear GAWR 11,000, GCWR 26,000, 1994 36ft Avion 5er, GVWR 13,700
Old 03-02-2016, 09:12 PM   #13

Original?

Don't want to be rude but what a mess. That doesn't look like any National Service/Wet Bay I have ever seen. More importantly all service bays on Nationals that I have seen are behind the rear axle and well labeled and organized. Maybe, just maybe someone has done a major repair or modification. Sorry!
Old 03-02-2016, 09:31 PM   #14

National RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
xflyer, I agree sure is a lot different than ours. Have to remember before 99 there was no pass through storage, fresh water tank was under bed. The house sits lower on the frame. Not sure about the waste tanks, but can see one of the OP's in the pictures. I never have seen a pre 99 National RV compartments so can't comment further on that.

Tags
plumbing