Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > National RV Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-27-2018, 07:40 AM   #15

National RV Owners Club
More on our Tradewinds remodel

JimmyJ,
Yes the woodshop makes it very easy. I used to do woodworking in a tiny 1 car garage. When I retired, a woodshop was very high on my list.

The fireplace/TV combo will go here. We have a 7370, so our floorplan is a bit different than yours.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2018-12-24 14.37.01.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	114.3 KB
ID:	230230  
skluebke is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-27-2018, 04:21 PM   #16

Yes my entrance door is in front of the passenger seat. I think you got a great plan man.
JimmyJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2019, 07:13 AM   #17

National RV Owners Club
It's been a loooong winter here in north central Wisconsin and in fact we still have a few patches of snow. But we retrieved our Tradewinds from storage a few weeks ago. We have been waiting all winter to get started on our updates.

The biggest job by far has been removing the carpeting to make way for vinyl tile. Four days and thousands of staples later and that part is done, although today is for pulling up the ceramic tile in the “kitchen”.

We found a pretty significant problem in the form of a leak along the backside of the slide. The edges of the exterior skin of the slide are covered on all four edges by a trim piece and that piece at the bottom had gapped open quite a bit allowing the rain to pour into the slide! Because the MH had been sitting unused, and with the slide in, for the last couple of years there was significant damage to the floor and back wall of the slide and to the floor in the main coach. There also appears to be some problem with the support structure of the slide because one end of the slide drops down about ¾ of an inch. We are going to take it to the experts to have a look. After that we’ll tackle the repairs to the flooring and walls.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	20190416_131958.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	190.3 KB
ID:	242964   Click image for larger version

Name:	20190420_133729.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	309.7 KB
ID:	242965  

Old 04-23-2019, 05:53 AM   #18

How is the fold out couch attached to the slide out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by skluebke View Post
It's been a loooong winter here in north central Wisconsin and in fact we still have a few patches of snow. But we retrieved our Tradewinds from storage a few weeks ago. We have been waiting all winter to get started on our updates.

The biggest job by far has been removing the carpeting to make way for vinyl tile. Four days and thousands of staples later and that part is done, although today is for pulling up the ceramic tile in the “kitchen”.

We found a pretty significant problem in the form of a leak along the backside of the slide. The edges of the exterior skin of the slide are covered on all four edges by a trim piece and that piece at the bottom had gapped open quite a bit allowing the rain to pour into the slide! Because the MH had been sitting unused, and with the slide in, for the last couple of years there was significant damage to the floor and back wall of the slide and to the floor in the main coach. There also appears to be some problem with the support structure of the slide because one end of the slide drops down about ¾ of an inch. We are going to take it to the experts to have a look. After that we’ll tackle the repairs to the flooring and walls.
Old 04-24-2019, 06:24 AM   #19

National RV Owners Club
removing the couch from slideout

JimmyJ,
It is attached to the wall at the base of the couch by 3 wood blocks. Our floor was water damaged, so we were able to roll the couch by pulling the back of the couch toward the middle of the coach.
I believe you could reach the screws by pulling out the bed and remove the screws from the wood blocks by conventional means. Hope this helps!
Old 04-25-2019, 02:26 PM   #20

Thanks I'll be tackling this soon
Quote:
JimmyJ,
It is attached to the wall at the base of the couch by 3 wood blocks. Our floor was water damaged, so we were able to roll the couch by pulling the back of the couch toward the middle of the coach.
I believe you could reach the screws by pulling out the bed and remove the screws from the wood blocks by conventional means. Hope this helps!
Old 05-22-2019, 07:11 PM   #21

National RV Owners Club
Still working on flooring...

So, my last post referenced removing the ceramic tile in the “kitchen”. If you can live with it, leave it!! Once we started the process and realized how difficult it would be to remove the tile it was too late and we had to keep going. With a 5 pound maul and an air chisel (!) it took me 2 days to remove about 10 square feet of tile. Because the mastic they used initially was so strong, it actually took chunks out of the subfloor. That resulted in 2 days to fill and level the floor.
We chose a click together vinyl tile and used an underlayment for a bit of insulation. The tile can be cut with a utility knife and snapped apart but the table saw and chop saw were much easier. I spent about 20 hours over a 10 day time period to get it all in. Very happy with it!
Next task is baseboard and trim that have to go in because of the gaps between the flooring and the cabinets and walls. Not a problem with carpet, but now necessary.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	20190424_134113.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	408.6 KB
ID:	246883   Click image for larger version

Name:	20190504_143141.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	290.3 KB
ID:	246885  

Name:	20190522_195130.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	271.3 KB
ID:	246886  
Old 05-23-2019, 07:09 AM   #22

Wow that just tired me out.
Old 06-01-2019, 06:00 AM   #23

National RV Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Floor removal

I took wood floor out in the kitchen and they must have used the same glue. Pulled up pieces of the sub floor. Used the air chisel and hand chisel as well.

Put adhesive vinyl tiles back. One year later all is well.
C1v1leng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2019, 11:33 AM   #24

National RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by C1v1leng View Post
I took wood floor out in the kitchen and they must have used the same glue. Pulled up pieces of the sub floor. Used the air chisel and hand chisel as well.

Put adhesive vinyl tiles back. One year later all is well.
Question - did you have any issues with expansion/contraction of the tiles during temperature extremes resulting in the tile "joints" opening up some in the cold, then closing back during the heat? Am thinking about doing the same thing in our SeaBreeze.

Al
FLRosebud is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2019, 02:52 PM   #25

National RV Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Tile

We left this winter for warmer climates and the temp was 17deg. Had put the heat on the night before we left. Traveled to AZ and had temps in the 80s no noticeable shrinkage or gaps throughout that temp range. Used a little liquid nails in the places I was concerned about adhesion. All tiles still stuck. Ill post some pics
C1v1leng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2019, 03:06 AM   #26

National RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by C1v1leng View Post
We left this winter for warmer climates and the temp was 17deg. Had put the heat on the night before we left. Traveled to AZ and had temps in the 80s no noticeable shrinkage or gaps throughout that temp range. Used a little liquid nails in the places I was concerned about adhesion. All tiles still stuck. Ill post some pics
Thanks!!

Al
FLRosebud is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2019, 07:24 AM   #27

National RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLRosebud View Post
Question - did you have any issues with expansion/contraction of the tiles during temperature extremes resulting in the tile "joints" opening up some in the cold, then closing back during the heat? Am thinking about doing the same thing in our SeaBreeze.

Al
Al,
We just installed it in May. Keep you posted this winter
Old 06-04-2019, 10:03 AM   #28

National RV Owners Club
Thumbs up

Quote:
Al,
We just installed it in May. Keep you posted this winter
Awesome!! Thanks!