Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > National RV Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-19-2016, 09:34 PM   #1

National RV Owners Club
2001 National Tradewinds

Does anyone on here have the same MH. 2001 National Tradewinds model 7390. Need to discuss the door with you.
sgtjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-20-2016, 01:00 AM   #2

National RV Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I have a 7390 LTC and my door is turning into a POS. There must be a leak somewhere in the top of the door and the inner panel is cracking below the window and it is full of rust.. The design of the gutter is very poor and dumps all the water down onto the door awning and then over the door.
To somewhat eleviate this problem, I have put those 3" gutter extensions on all four corners and then have taken a couple of the old hoses from my CPAP and made them into down spoutes. The rubber hose ends fit perfectly over the extensions and I just route them over the mirror when it's raining and I'm parked. I also cut a bit of a gap in the rain gutter about 2" long just in front of the awning on the curb side.
bigdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2016, 08:38 AM   #3

National RV Owners Club
Is your door squared at the top or angled so that the top width is less then the bottom width?
Old 09-20-2016, 10:36 AM   #4

National RV Owners Club
I have a 2002 Tradewinds 7390 and have the same problem with the water running over the door. We just bought it and its in the shop having my mechanic look it over right now. I am not exactly sure what you mean about the top of the door being square or angled my door is some what radiused on the outside over the length and is straight across the top. (I know its radiused because I had to take it off and lay it on the end gate of my truck to get the washer dryer out.)
F5150us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2016, 08:27 PM   #5
KEH

National RV Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I have 02 tradewinds 7390 square top door with same water gutter issue. I would like to extend the gutter forward, to drain away from the door. Haven't figured it out yet though.
Fulltimer's - Class of 2014
KEH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2016, 09:01 PM   #6

National RV Owners Club
Not only do I get some water at the top, I get a lot of wind noise going down the road. I'm thinking if I can adjust the top latch and moving it inwards a bit it may solve both issues. Has anyone ever tackled this before. There is a screw above and below the thingee that the top door latch fastens to and it has a head on it that a socket will fit. Any one done this before?
Old 10-13-2016, 10:36 AM   #7

National RV Owners Club
Lets keep this post, going I got the motorhome back from service and that afternoon we had a hard rain (you could drown going in and out of the door) I haven't come up with a permanent solution yet but I keep after it. Next is to try a hose or piece of PVC that will fit over gutter end and run it out over the front of the "over the door awning" anyone else have a solution to this problem yet? I don't seem to have any wind noise going down the road but I have had the door off and there is very little adjustment on mine. Takes two people cause the door is kinda heavy.
Old 10-14-2016, 12:26 PM   #8

National RV Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by F5150us View Post
Lets keep this post, going I got the motorhome back from service and that afternoon we had a hard rain (you could drown going in and out of the door) I haven't come up with a permanent solution yet but I keep after it. Next is to try a hose or piece of PVC that will fit over gutter end and run it out over the front of the "over the door awning" anyone else have a solution to this problem yet? I don't seem to have any wind noise going down the road but I have had the door off and there is very little adjustment on mine. Takes two people cause the door is kinda heavy.
See my post above and it tells what I did to take care of the problem.
Old 10-15-2016, 09:47 AM   #9

National RV Owners Club
I saw gutter extentions and quit reading. Now that I read the whole post it sounds like a good idea. My wife uses a CPAP and I have alot of extra hose so I will get gutter extentions and give it a try. Thanks BIGDOG
Old 10-15-2016, 01:23 PM   #10

National RV Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Those Camco (?) white gutter extensions work great and the CPAP hose, the semi-clear one with the rubber ends, will fit right over the ends of them. I run them kind of forward and over the sideview mirror. On my LTC, there is a door awning and the hose fits nicely in front of that and down. Works on the drivers side also.

Tags
national