Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > National RV Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-12-2016, 10:25 PM   #1

Thumbs up 2002 Sea Breeze Bus SB340D

Hello! We just purchased our 02 Sea Breeze from a private seller. So far most everything seems to be in good condition. Had a slight problem with the Allison overtemp light coming on, but seems to be a sending unit going out more than a true over temp fault. Anyone else out there own this DP?

Thanks!,
John
JBaird is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-13-2016, 10:53 AM   #2

Gulf Streamers Club

What engine and model Allison trans do you have? Have you had the fluid tested to be sure it's not overheated? Trans filter changed? I'd get it checked, rebuilding an Allison can be pretty expensive. Do you have a rear or side radiator? Rear radiators and cooling units are notorious for collecting oil and dirt from the diesel engine slobber tube and getting impaired. If you search on the forum, you'll find lots of threads about cleaning the 'cool pack' of diesels.

Bob & Donna
'98 Gulf Stream Sun Voyager DP being pushed by a '00 Beetle TDI
BFlinn181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2016, 12:16 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by BFlinn181 View Post

What engine and model Allison trans do you have? Have you had the fluid tested to be sure it's not overheated? Trans filter changed? I'd get it checked, rebuilding an Allison can be pretty expensive. Do you have a rear or side radiator? Rear radiators and cooling units are notorious for collecting oil and dirt from the diesel engine slobber tube and getting impaired. If you search on the forum, you'll find lots of threads about cleaning the 'cool pack' of diesels.
I have the 5.9 ISB (210hp) with the Allison T1000 transmission on a Spartan Summit 2000 chassis with a rear mounted radiator. I had a friend of mine who works for BG test the trans fluid and it checked out good. The filter had no particles or shavings in it either. But, if this tranny goes, I think I'll upgrade to a 2500 series to replace it.
Old 05-13-2016, 12:20 PM   #4

Gulf Streamers Club
O.K., good to hear the fluid is fine. The sensor could be the culprit, but still not a bid idea to clean the radiator and rest of the cool pack.

https://www.google.com/search?q=clea...com&gws_rd=ssl

Bob & Donna
'98 Gulf Stream Sun Voyager DP being pushed by a '00 Beetle TDI
BFlinn181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2016, 06:58 PM   #5

Yeah, I did the back end spray dance that same day just to rule the dirty radiator problem out.

Even though it's 14yrs old, it's in pretty good condition. TV's were upgraded, new roof put on, new door, and looks like new fiberglass skirts and doors as the fiberglass is nice and white, but the white paint on the metal is faded yellow! LMAO.

Got a 300 mile roadtrip pulling my horse trailer to a show next weekend, so we'll see how it does.