RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > National RV Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 07-19-2011, 10:33 AM   #1

2004 front TV replacement

Looked at all the post and pics I think I am ready to attack it!! Any info links pics will help

Going to take off all the plastic under the cabinet then I should see the mounting screws for the TV

I am concerned about the TV weight I will have my bud help me there

Ramster is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-19-2011, 03:17 PM   #2

National RV Owners Club
Newmar Owners Club
Triple E Owners Club
You only need to remove the plastic 'door' under the TV. There are screws holding the TV from the side and there are screws into the motorhome steel frame above. Be sure to have someone strong help you remove the TV - the steel and the tv combined must have weighed 90 lbs! 32" LED TV is the way to go.

Old 07-19-2011, 04:14 PM   #3

Workhorse Chassis Owner
On my 05 dolphin I installed a 32in. Magnavox lcd tv it was 30" wide and fit in the original frame work.
speed racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 08:34 PM   #4

update

sorry (new to this) didn't tell you what I am putting the TV in... a 2004 Sea Breeze
Old 07-20-2011, 07:05 AM   #5

Workhorse Chassis Owner
I beleive the tv mount are about the same in these models and years. On mine there are two scews on each side inside the cabinet frame on each side(there may be plugs in the holes) and one in the center of the top. Remove the sylicon caulking from each side and these scews and the surround will come off. With this removed you will see the bolt on the bottom plate. Remove the two closest to you on each side and loosen the other two. Remove the two scews that hold the TV to the metal cabinet(one on each side) and with a lot of help the front of the TV will drop down and with a little wiggling it will come out. There were six men there when I took mine out 2 to take it out handing it too 2 that carried it to the door and 2 outside to set it on the ground. 94lbs! Good luck it can be done.
Old 07-20-2011, 11:34 PM   #6

Thanks but do I have to remove all the plastic to get to the screws??
Old 07-21-2011, 08:17 AM   #7

Workhorse Chassis Owner
No the scews are in the sides. Open the doors on each side of the TV and you should see Two holes or wooden plugs on the side going to the TV. The other scew is in the middle of the front of the TV going into the sealing. Thats five total screws.
Old 07-21-2011, 08:26 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramster View Post
Thanks but do I have to remove all the plastic to get to the screws??
You need to remove the wood fascia frame around the front of the TV first. Those screws are accessed from the side cabinets. There are usually hole plugs over the screw heads. Like the above post says, you also need to scrape the putty from the side seams. There may be a screw at the top going into the ceiling.
The plastic panel underneath snaps out. Work it carefully to avoid bending or breaking anything.
Once you get all the above off, you will see the steel cage frame that holds the TV. From underneath, you can reach up the back of the TV to unscrew the antenna lead. Unplug the power plug from a socket in the right overhead cabinet and push it back through the hole and then pull from underneath to get the power cord clear.
There are three bolts on each bottom side of the cage frame. Loosen them all. I removed the front two so the TV would hinge down to its front. Here is where you enlist extra muscle. The TV needs to be lifted up from the bottom tray because there is a raised section on the tray that keeps the TV in place. I think it weighs north of 100 pounds if it is the big cubic RCA model. (I hired two strong guys who lifted mine out and hauled it away for $20.)
Old 07-23-2011, 08:18 PM   #9
Lit

National RV Owners Club
Coulter6, has posted some excellent pics of his TV replacement, give it a look see at.

Front LCD TV Install in a 2005 Sea Breeze 8321LX

I'm about 80% done with my replacement on my 2005 Dolphin, my coach is parked 18 miles away from home so it's taking me a lot longer than I had imagined. I will post photos when I finish it.

Good luck and enjoy yourself doing the change over.

Lit
Lit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 02:15 AM   #10

Got a 32" Emerson fit like glove thanks to you guys was easy!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-844204571.png
Views:	88
Size:	615.6 KB
ID:	12335  
Old 07-26-2011, 06:59 AM   #11

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
One more thing. On my 04 see Breeze. After removing the wood trim. their were two screws near the top of the metal surround on the right and left side going through into a bracket. the bracket goes across the top of the TV and is screwed into the top of the TV. I did not know until we had the bottom fully loose and the TV would not come out. best of luck, it will be worth it
donhoward49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 07:03 AM   #12

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Ok I am trying to attach a picture of the top bracket.. See how this works???
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Photo0056.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	177.3 KB
ID:	12429  

donhoward49 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
replacement