Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > National RV Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-02-2017, 07:08 PM   #1

Unhappy 2004 national seabreeze Jack's won't retract

own a 2004 National Seabreeze. The Jack's won't retract. First mistake is they've been down for 2 years! I've replaced the 2 house batteries, but nothing happening. I've been told by a tech to check the 3 amp fuse. Problem is I can't find where it's located. I've got a diagram from the mfg. POWER GEAR, but I can't find anything that looks like it. I did find fuses under the dash area, but I don't think it was them. Anyone know where to find the fuse for the jacks?
Donna B is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-02-2017, 07:30 PM   #2

Follow wires from control panel. Goes to terminal with four 3 amp fuses. One for each jack. Mine is on uper left firewall.
jfoldesi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2017, 07:52 PM   #3

Unhappy

Ok, when you say control panel, are you referring to the panel that is beside the driver, under the window? I crawled under the dash, squeezing myself between the seat and steering wheel to look under the dash. I found an area with quite a few what looked to be fuses, but nothing was labeled, so I was afraid to touch anything. Then to make matters worse, I got stuck between the seat and steering wheel. I thought I was going to have to call 911 to get me out!!!
Old 04-02-2017, 07:57 PM   #4

Open slide, turn driver seat to pasenger side, slide seat as far as will go. Can get in that way much easier. Yes control panel left of driver.
Old 04-02-2017, 08:06 PM   #5

Thank you, I will try that tomorrow! Just an old 67 year old woman trying to figure things out on my own. Thank you for your help!!!
Old 04-02-2017, 08:08 PM   #6

No problem just a 75 year old man whose been there and done that.
Old 04-03-2017, 08:33 AM   #7

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Not sure exactly which unit you have. On the touch pad/control panel, in small print on bottom left, there might be 6 numbers. Mine says 500456.

Some units require the parking brake to be set. There are two screws that hold the touch pad in place. Remove and pull the touch pad out and look for a loose harness connection and or fuse(s).
Old 04-03-2017, 11:20 AM   #8

National RV Owners Club
When your press any of the jacks touch pad buttons, do any of the lights on the touch pad light up ? Ignition key needs to be on, parking brake pedel on.
GREGORYJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2017, 12:21 PM   #9

Talking

Scooter, I have the same control panel that you have. I'll try taking the screws out and see if there are any loose wires. Thank you.
Old 05-22-2017, 01:04 PM   #10

jacks

Had any luck?
I have a 2004 Ford Chassis Seabreeze. Had trouble with the jacks retracting also. I believe the fuses may be located under a cover on the top of the dash in front of the speedometer.
let me know if you need more help.

Mike
mxw1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2017, 08:14 AM   #11

National RV Owners Club
Newmar Owners Club
Triple E Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna B View Post
own a 2004 National Seabreeze. The Jack's won't retract. First mistake is they've been down for 2 years! I've replaced the 2 house batteries, but nothing happening. I've been told by a tech to check the 3 amp fuse. Problem is I can't find where it's located. I've got a diagram from the mfg. POWER GEAR, but I can't find anything that looks like it. I did find fuses under the dash area, but I don't think it was them. Anyone know where to find the fuse for the jacks?
Pull off the cover on the top of the dash, in front of the wheel, directly below you should see the jack control unit. Try pulling off those connectors and re-connecting. There is a fuse block there as well. Of course, make sure your house battery switch is on, it does not run off your engine battery.
Old 08-09-2017, 08:39 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by donna b View Post
ok, when you say control panel, are you referring to the panel that is beside the driver, under the window? I crawled under the dash, squeezing myself between the seat and steering wheel to look under the dash. I found an area with quite a few what looked to be fuses, but nothing was labeled, so i was afraid to touch anything. Then to make matters worse, i got stuck between the seat and steering wheel. I thought i was going to have to call 911 to get me out!!!
they are in the armrest with the control panel cover is on with velcro
jimdec1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2017, 10:52 PM   #13

National RV Owners Club
Newmar Owners Club
Triple E Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimdec1 View Post
they are in the armrest with the control panel cover is on with velcro
No, not there. On your dash, in front of your wheel, there is a removable plastic cover, it is held on with velcro, remove that, directly below it is the control board for the jacks.
Old 08-28-2017, 01:22 PM   #14

I have a 97 Tropical 35' and I have had trouble with the jacks not retracting from time to time. Do they move at all? Do they retract yet the light stays on saying they are down? This is what happens to mine, usually when it starts getting cold outside. My solution was the hydraulic fluid needs be topped off. Though I have never seen a leak or stain on the ground, once a year this happens to me and I have to add about 3oz or so of fluid in the reservoir. Bingo. Fixes me every time. Where does that fluid go? I hope the solution for you is this easy.
IhaveNOname is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
jacks, national, seabreeze