Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > National RV Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-23-2016, 02:14 PM   #1

2006 Dolphin Maintenance

I own a 2006 Dolphin 355 with the Ford V-10 engine. I am the second owner of this RV and it currently has about 21,000 miles. I have personally put about 6k miles on it and I am looking for advice from more experienced Dolphin owners as to what I should be doing as far as regularly scheduled maintenance. I get the oil changed and generator serviced in June every year when we return to Maine after snow birding in the South, as well as my yearly required state inspection. My tires are brand new Michelins as of last year and I inspect them and maintain proper pressures regularly. What else should I be doing or looking for on a regular basis? Thanks in advance for any input and advice.
Dave
dlduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-23-2016, 11:45 PM   #2

National RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Brake fluid gets neglected a lot should be exchanged every 2-3 years. The brake fluid adsorbs moisture the moisture will lower the boiling point of the fluid. Under heavy braking the fluid gets hot, moisture will turn to steam when that happens you lose your brakes. Also if it has never been done the coolant and all radiator hoses need to be changed.
1999 35 ft. Dolphin 5350, F53, Banks System, 5 Stars Tune, Air Lift Air Bags, Koni Shocks, Blue OX TruCenter, TigerTrak track bars F&R, Roadmaster 1-3/4" rear auxiliary sway bar, 2004 F450 Lariat Pickup 6.0 Diesel Crew Cab DRW, 4X4, GVWR 15,000, Front GAWR 6,000, Rear GAWR 11,000, GCWR 26,000,1994 36ft Avion 5er, GVWR 13,700, 2,740 Pin Weight.
chboone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2016, 11:59 PM   #3

Foretravel Owners Club
Do maintenance on the batteries, and rodent proof the coach.
Also run the gennie for 30 minutes or so under full load (A/C's on) every 30/45 days
SKP's of Box Elder, South Dakota
saddlesore is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2017, 06:06 AM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Send a message via AIM to tmw188
How are you guys rodent proofing your rigs?

iPad using iRV2 - RV Forum
Old 01-01-2017, 06:43 AM   #5

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmw188 View Post
How are you guys rodent proofing your rigs?

iPad using iRV2 - RV Forum
We only rodent proof while it is stored in the winter. We use fresh cab. We have never had an issue with rodents.

May the roads rise up to meet you, May the winds be always at your back...
Pepper2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2017, 02:47 PM   #6

National RV Owners Club
I would suggest an annual check of all your sealants on all Windows's and roof openings ect. And AC. Gasket seal . As well as lubricate your slide mechanism and treat the slide seals with silicone spray or slide seal treatment... also an annual chassis lube. Those are things I do!
Old 02-12-2017, 05:52 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by chboone View Post
Brake fluid gets neglected a lot should be exchanged every 2-3 years. The brake fluid adsorbs moisture the moisture will lower the boiling point of the fluid. Under heavy braking the fluid gets hot, moisture will turn to steam when that happens you lose your brakes. Also if it has never been done the coolant and all radiator hoses need to be changed.
I agree on the brake fluid and make sure they use the correct fluid, the wrong fluid can ruin the system. The chassis over 20.000 Lbs use a different fluid than the lighter chassis. Your owners manual should have a grease zerk location diagram for the front end. I think it is nine fittings that require grease. Air Cleaner every 10k and fuel filter every 15k ? Not sure on the mileage so double check. Coolant needs to be changed at 30 k and then the generator oil / filter and plugs. If you have a remote Transmission filter like mine it needs to be changed at 30K

Safe Travels
Old 02-12-2017, 06:01 PM   #8

I forgot one, If you have Power Gear Jacks the shafts are lubed with silicone spray and some have a zerk fitting for grease. In addition the Hydraulic fluid needs to be changed very easy to do uses ATF.

Tags
dolphin, maintenance