Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > National RV Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-22-2012, 03:46 PM   #43

National RV Owners Club
Rook, Sierra Vista gets cold in the Winter. Unless you drain your sewer and water hose at nite they may freeze. If you're retired Militay the Base has a real nice RV park, if you can get in. Bisbee has some great sights to see including a RV Park that has a bunch of old time trailers that they actually rent out. They have an old MH that I fell in love with. Too bad they don't have enough room to park overnite, at least they didn't the last time we were there.
There is a RV park on the east end of town, it is in a gated community and was reasonable a few years. Also, there was a RV park in Tombstone, so you could walk around the old town without having to drive.
Have you ever been to Quartzsite in Jan?? It is a hoot.
sgtjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-22-2012, 04:48 PM   #44

National RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by MartySQ View Post
So, is this Nationals that were orphaned or any orphaned MH or campers?

Hey were not at all exclusive. We started out with a few Nationals from this board, but I'm sure anyone would be welcome Orphan or not. In the past two we have exchanged ideas and in general have snooped around everyone’s coach just to learn more about the whole RV deal, folks having the others over for dinner on a rotating basis and outings to local attractions.
The “T” Shirts have been on a National theme, but that is really not necessary since there designed every year for the Rally.
I'm hoping this doesn't die and we can learn how to attract more coaches through this years less than sterling attendance.
Dick
Old 05-22-2012, 05:04 PM   #45

National RV Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
We'd be interested in Quartszite. Would prefer FHU but we can survive.

Some of you might want to join us at http://www.irv2.com/forums/f70/north...et-124089.html. We had 5 Nationals at the Spring NW M&G.
Frantz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 12:36 AM   #46

National RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frantz View Post

Some of you might want to join us at www.irv2.com/forums/f70/northwest-fall-2012-meet-and-greet-124089.html. We had 5 Nationals at the Spring NW M&G.
Six if you count the lady with the Sea Breeze that only spent one night.

JoAnn
1999 Tradewinds 7371
Spokane Valley WA
ka7suz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 06:55 AM   #47

National RV Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I appreciate all of the good suggestions, including the one about Yellowstone, but the really popular places would probably be full and a little hard to plan a "rally". Trying to organize this was like trying to herd cats.
Vegasdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 09:03 AM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegasdan View Post
I appreciate all of the good suggestions, including the one about Yellowstone, but the really popular places would probably be full and a little hard to plan a "rally". Trying to organize this was like trying to herd cats.
I understand fully. As much as our desires and good intentions are, we retired folks are not as footloose and fancy free as we would think. Like I said before, we really enjoyed the Chalk Creek gathering last year and would have done it again this year if we had not already planned something else. As far as the winter months, again a good idea but maybe not so easy to accomplish. We are increasing our "stay put" time and decreasing our "move about" time, so we have signed up to spend about 4 months in Yuma this winter. Once we are set up there, it would be hard to take off for a gathering somewhere else.
We appreciate what Dan and the Berrys have done since the initial idea--was it Dan's Tradewinds remodeling blog that started it all? All I can offer is, keep communicating and throw out a plan here or there and see what comes together. We will stay tuned. Bob and Sharon M. aka two2go.
Old 06-16-2012, 09:42 AM   #49

National RV Owners Club
was it Dan's Tradewinds remodeling blog that started it all?

Yes it was, along with Dicks remodel projects. We talked back and forth awhile and then decided to pull off the first Orphan Rally at Navajo Lake, NM. It was a great few days looking and learning from each other. For those of you who are tired of your plain old carpet ceiling and wonder what you can do to make it better you really need to see Dicks MH. From Dan I was impressed with the one continous coach length of eternabond tape on the top roof/sidewall seams. That had to be a difficult task. And I still need to do mine. The paint and decals on their Tradewinds are beautiful and still have me drooling. The pictures that both Dan and Dick posted on the Forum are great, but to see them in person was a lot better. After that I tackled my carpet and replaced it with carpet tiles and laminate, to include the entry stairs and the stair cover with laminate. I also installed a 26" led TV in bedroom and a 32" LED TV in the front on a double swinging mount. All of this because I met up with these guys.
For the past 4-5 years we've stayed in Yuma in the Winter, but want to move around this Winter. We will head to Ouartzsite in Jan for the Big Top just for the heck of it and also to eat some great PIZZA at Silly Als. There is dry camping for 7 bucks a night right across from The Gambler, who has the best prices on RV stuff to include National parts. This is right in the middle of a lot of the Vendors. There was a National Rally group there this last year. Perhaps we could have an Orphan Rally there this Jan. What do you all think?
Old 08-11-2012, 11:53 AM   #50

National RV Owners Club
Hey out there, this thread has been quiet for awhile. Nobody has any interest in getting an "Orphan Rally" together to look over modifications and trade tips on how to do this or that?? And to meet and greet. I'd be happy to lead a discussion about the pitfalls of leaving the water pump on with no water in the holding tank. I'm interested in a lesson on changing the engine belts on a rear mounted radiator without being born with 8 foot arms.
Old 08-11-2012, 12:51 PM   #51

National RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I'd be interested in an Orphan Rally if we could get it in the Northeast ... We've got a large yard - about 4 acres of former cow grazing fields in CT - no hookups for a group, so it would be all boondocking. We're right on the CT Antiques Trail, about 2 hours from Boston and just over an hour from NYC.
2Labs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 05:43 PM   #52

National RV Owners Club
Newmar Owners Club
Orphan rally

We would really be interested, just picked our Sea breeze Lx about 3 weeks ago and would love to learn some trade secrets. This is our 1st rv although in-laws had a fire ball when my wife and I first got married, forty years ago, and my parents had a trailer so when are not real new this lifestyle.
Benicia Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 01:59 PM   #53

Workhorse Chassis Owner
quartzsite in jan gets our vote
cannon man is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 04:59 PM   #54

So any plans for a 2013 Rally? We live in La Quinta, CA...Were going to the Tucson rally in March...Not doing anything til we leave the desert July - Sept...
Need someplace to go in between...
Inquiring minds want to know....
pjgolpher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 05:22 AM   #55

Texas Boomers Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Is there going to be another rally like this?
Old 05-28-2013, 01:31 PM   #56

National RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumble Weed View Post
Is there going to be another rally like this?
Are you talking about one for National RV owners??

Tags
national, rally