RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > National RV Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 03-15-2014, 03:09 PM   #1

95 Sea Breeze - passenger side interior lights fuse location?

Hello everyone!

Last weekend I purchased my first RV, its a 95 Sea Breeze 33' Ltd.
I will be full time in this and I need my CPAP every night. I wrongly assumed that I could tap in parallel, a cigarette lighter adapter to the 12 volts that feeds the lamp next to my head on the passenger side closet......

Apparently this is not the case as the fuse blew as soon as I made the connection and all the interior lights on the passenger side went with it.

This is when I realized that I do not know where the fuses for the house 12v lights are and although clearly mentioned in the manual, the location is not disclosed or if it is, I have not yet found it.

Is there a proper way to do what I am trying to do?

If anyone could shed light on this (no pun intended) and where my fuses are located, it would be greatly appreciated.

I am new to RV's and new to this forum so I hope I am posting this question in the right place.

I am glad you all are here.

Thank you

95_sea_breez is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-15-2014, 04:46 PM   #2

National RV Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I have no idea where your 12 volt Distribution Panel in located on your coach. But, on my coach, it's in the last rear bay, drivers side.....same bay as the Inverter. It has lots of 12 volt fuses, circuit breakers, relays, etc. If you have a 12 volt Distribution Panel, it may look like this...... Rook

12v,120v power system all models (closest to ours).pdf

Is your CPAP a 12 volt device? Did you wire it correctly?

98 National Tradewinds 7370, powered by a 3126B 300HP CAT Turbo, Freightliner XC chassis
Rook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 11:46 AM   #3

Thank you for that Rook!

I found mine last night hiding in plain sight under the fridge. Today I will get a test light on there and see what I can see.

My CPAP is a Resmed System one and it does run on 12v. I have not plugged it in yet because the fuse blew before I could and why that happened is what I will try to determine next.

I think it may make more sense to do a dedicated run instead of taping the light.

Matt
Old 03-19-2014, 06:55 AM   #4

So the mystery is solved. As I mentioned the 12v Fuse Panel in the 1995 Sea Breeze is located under the Fridge.

On further investigation I see that where I tapped in at the light above my bed and also at the fuse panel, the color used for the 12v positive wire is Black and the 12v negative is White.

I have always associated the color Black (in 12v Systems) as being Negative and White as being positive. I even had my meter on it but failed to notice the - symbol before the 12.2v

The rule never assume anything should never be ignored.

Thank you again for the help!

Matt
Old 03-19-2014, 07:04 AM   #5

National RV Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Yep, that happens. Occasionally you will discover that an Analog Multimeter has some advantages. Rook

98 National Tradewinds 7370, powered by a 3126B 300HP CAT Turbo, Freightliner XC chassis
Rook is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cat, fuse, lights