Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > National RV Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-22-2017, 10:30 AM   #1

National RV Owners Club
A/C Leaking

Our rear A/C started leaking water inside the MH. I'm sure it's condensation, but a little confused by what the RV mobile repair guy says. He said it could be a dirty pan or a cracked pan. It's a Dometic 57915 622, what kind of pan catches the condensation, metal or plastic and is it replaceable.
sgtjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-22-2017, 11:11 AM   #2

National RV Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Most likely a plugged drain hole in the pan. A good cleaning might be a fix. Rook

98 National Tradewinds 7370, powered by a 3126B 300HP CAT Turbo, Freightliner XC chassis
Rook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2017, 11:40 AM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Someone needs to go up on the roof remove the shroud and clean the coils and also the pan. Inside remove the bottom cover and make sure the four hold down bolts are tight (but not over tight).
bdpreece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2017, 12:03 PM   #4

National RV Owners Club
Unfortunately I can't go up on the roof, still recovering from breaking my neck. I did reset the MH to an angle to see if this will help until the Mobile RV repair guy comes tomorrow. The 4 bolts are good. Hopefully it's just dirt. It hasn't been cleaned since I bought it in 2004.
Old 08-22-2017, 05:24 PM   #5

National RV Owners Club
Well the RV mobile came today and checked it out. He did find a yellow jacket nest and some dirt that was blocking the drain holes. He also found that the plastic pan that sits inside a metal pan was cracked. This is the reservoir that the condensation builds up in. He has another a/c identical to mine at his shop that was replaced with a 15000. He's going to check and see if he can get the pan out of that one. Otherwise I may be looking at a new a/c. Says it's around $1,000. for a new 15000. Ouch.
Old 08-22-2017, 05:33 PM   #6

Ac condensation

I wounder if you could caulk the crack or repair with externabond tape or a fiber glass patch and the correct glue. Possibly something from West System epoxy. This certainly would be cheaper than a new AC unit. Just trying to help.
sam-3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2017, 05:49 PM   #7

National RV Owners Club
I asked about that but he didn't think the eternabond could be fitted in the area. I can't climb up myself or I would give it a shot.
Old 08-27-2017, 03:39 PM   #8

National RV Owners Club
UPDATE A/C leaking

It's been 5 days since the mobile mech cleaned out the hive and other dirt and there has been no condensation leaking inside. Odd, because he said my plastic drain pan was cracked. He didn't charge me that day he came and I have not heard from him.
Old 08-30-2017, 05:57 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgtjoe View Post
It's been 5 days since the mobile mech cleaned out the hive and other dirt and there has been no condensation leaking inside. Odd, because he said my plastic drain pan was cracked. He didn't charge me that day he came and I have not heard from him.
well settle up with him and just wait, if it doesn't leak and you don't see any more condensation up there then just leave it, keep an eye on it and go from there, I also would do the same thing (use epoxy or the like to repair the crack, if the pan can be removed it CAN be repaired/plastic welded. its just residual water catch it does not need to hold pressure. good luck! at 1000$ for a new A/C you would bet your butt I would try every trick in the book before replacing. if the rear AC needed cleaning I would bet the front one isn't far behind from needing cleaning as well.
Old 09-14-2017, 01:31 PM   #10

If it is a Dometic A/C call them and talk to them.
I had a 99 Tropical and while I was checking for leaks I broke a shroud.
They sent me two of them to replace the one I broke and the one that was cracked. No Charge. Its worth a try.
Nellybelle is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
leak