Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > National RV Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-29-2013, 09:43 AM   #15

You guys are gonna hate me for this. I went out one Saturday to look for a MH. I looked at 10 at two dealers. I sent my buddy, who also has a `04 Sea Breeze, but an LX, a link to the pics of 5 on one of the lots and he recommended the SB. Made an offer, they countered, I bought. All in less than 6 hours. Didn't even test drive it, but I have been around other people with MHs.

This was on the Saturday before Memorial Day 2 years ago. I had to wait till Wednesday to pick it up, as the techs were off for the holidays and still needed to service it.

Dunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-29-2013, 10:04 AM   #16

Thor Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunner View Post
Is it the non-LX model with the U shaped kitchen? My friend has an `04 LX with an angled kitchen and his wife says it has a lot of wasted counter space.

Have it thoroughly checked out by an RV mechanic. All I found was minor things, like loose screws, etc.
Dunner,
I had a 2006 8311 LX and it had the u-shaped kitchen. In 2006 both the 1311 (non LX) and the 8311 LX had the same layout. The LX had more standard features that were options on the non LX. However, the biggest difference was the LX came with 22.5 aluminum wheels vs the 19 steel on the non LX. Don't know about earlier years.
We loved our sea breeze LX and thought the quality was excellent. We needed/wanted more space so we bought bigger. Still have fond memories of it.
pablo77rv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 10:22 AM   #17

The 1311 in `04 had the U shaped kitchen on the driver's side and had more usable counter space. Buddy has an `04 8321 with the 22.5" wheels on a WH chassis. Mine are 19.5 on an F-52 V-10 chassis. It appears that the 13xx series is the non LX on a F-53 chassis and the 83xx are the LX versions on the WH chassis.

I did a search and saw that the `06 1311 had the same layout as the LX in `04.

Old 07-29-2013, 10:26 AM   #18

National RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Carolina Campers
Was my same worry

Quote:
Originally Posted by TandCplusRV View Post
My wife and I have been seriously shopping for our first motorhome since January. We've looked new, used, and across the spectrum of gas coaches B, C, & A. Today we found the first used coach that we both agreed was awesome, fit our needs and (most importantly) appears affordable. It happens to be a 2006 National Sea Breeze. Being that they are out of business, National RV wasn't remotely on our radar. I've spent the weekend thus far reading up on the company, their coaches, etc. and they seem solidly built and of good repute. However, I'm a little nervous as it is a bit older than we were previously looking, an orphaned coach, etc. I figured this would be the place to find some happy or unhappy Sea Breeze owners that can talk me into or out of, making the decision. Thanks, in advance!
We bought a 2004 Seabreeze back in Oct of 2012, I had the very same concerns as you. I worried about a company out of business. Then once I did some "homework" and came on board here, talked with owners and dealers, ...I bought mine. And...love it.

Some of my conclusions were, all of the "systems" in my out of business National coach are exactly the same as the ones in the "still in business (as of today!)" coaches. All National did is design and assemble the coach, and they did that very well. If I should need "National" specific parts I guess I will have to shop around or fabricate. But if being out of business were a major concern no one would be buying units on a Workhorse chassis.

We looked at many, many coaches and found nothing else in our price category that impressed me near as much as the National. I am referring to design, build, quality of materials and fit and finish. Some others we just had to walk into and realize they were not of the same quality.

I just met a couple in Charleston this past weekend who had a '07 Seabreeze, saw mine and came over to talk, guess what.....he described the same process of doubt and concern, weighed the issues and bought, result...they love their's too.

I am not sure you will find very unhappy Seabreeze owners here, I have run into none so far.

If you both agree it is awesome, go with that first impression, do your "due diligence, and go camping!
trode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 10:32 AM   #19

I read one post where one guy complained about a National, but he wouldn't tell us what drugs he was on.

Old 07-29-2013, 10:36 AM   #20

National RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Carolina Campers
Quote:
I read one post where one guy complained about a National, but he wouldn't tell us what drugs he was on.
Now I don't care who you are, that's funny!
trode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 11:00 AM   #21

Thor Owners Club
Quote:
The 1311 in `04 had the U shaped kitchen on the driver's side and had more usable counter space. Buddy has an `04 8321 with the 22.5" wheels on a WH chassis. Mine are 19.5 on an F-52 V-10 chassis. It appears that the 13xx series is the non LX on a F-53 chassis and the 83xx are the LX versions on the WH chassis.

I did a search and saw that the `06 1311 had the same layout as the LX in `04.
Again, I'm not sure about the '04 but in '06 you had a choice between the Workhorse or F-53. Mine was an F-53. Gotta love that u-shaped kitchen. National put that same layout in their bigger models, too. Tradewinds comes to mind. Anyway, my wife took one look at the u-shaped kitchen and she was sold!
We also like the kitchen being on the driver's side. That puts the dinette looking out onto the patio under the awning rather than your neighbor's.
Old 07-29-2013, 12:18 PM   #22

My dinette is on the driver's side, with a hide-a-bed across from it. I also have an awning over the dinette window. It was added on and works great.

Old 07-29-2013, 01:02 PM   #23

Thor Owners Club
My dinette WAS on the driver's side. I tore out the dinette, moved the couch to where the dinette was ( an exact fit) and put in a buffet where the couch was. We used a standalone table and chairs.

http://s1290.photobucket.com/user/pa...?sort=3&page=1
Old 07-29-2013, 03:24 PM   #24

Looks nice. I put a clock in the same place.

Old 07-29-2013, 06:14 PM   #25

We purchased our 2004 83 LX series workhorse in 2007. It had only 13,000 miles on it. Over the past years of ownership we couldn't be more happy owners. As with anything especially RV's there comes the cosmetic repairs, tires, any other fixes not originally planned. Yet all in all it has been a great ride in many respects. Have recently past the 33,000 mile plateau with more miles yet to travel. Enjoy your ride. You will not regret the decision.
lkmaurice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 06:16 PM   #26

National RV Owners Club
I have to say, I don't know why so many RV's have the dinette on the driver side. Ours is on the passenger side with the ushaped kitchen across on the driver side and it is a great layout, very usable.
Old 07-29-2013, 07:34 PM   #27

The only thing I can think of is... the counter is closer to the dinette table. Less chance of spilling anything on the floor or carpet on the way to the table. I wish it was on the awning side too.

Thanks for all the reassuring comments about National RVs.

Am I the only one out there with an `04 1311? I know 2Labs has an `05 1311.

Here's a little mod I did to keep my feet warmer on a cold night. I think I'm also going to insulate the hot air duct in the basement. It has a long exposed run.

http://www.irv2.com/forums/f258/i-ha...et-149268.html

Old 07-29-2013, 08:04 PM   #28

Bought our 04 1311 last October, DW wanted the kitchen. Just returned from 3week trip logging 2400 miles towing HHR. This is our first MH and very happy with the National, every thing works perfectly except problem with the convection/micro.
Schnodz is offline   Reply With Quote