RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > National RV Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 07-12-2016, 12:28 PM   #1

National RV Owners Club
Bedroom Slide

2005 national Seabreeze LX this is my first post so please excuse my inexperience
My bedroom slide has a stripped brass gear. I have found one on the internet it is a barker 22841 gear. The measurements all appear to be right. Has anyone used this to replace the old broken gear before?
Can anyone tell me who manufactured this set up? I am trying to avoid pending the 1000.00 to replace the whole thing.
thanks

Robo2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-12-2016, 05:14 PM   #2

I don't know what brand yours is most are Powergear. Google the number on your motor and see what comes up,on mine the results were from $175 to $795. I also tried to just replace the gear but even if it looks and measures the same the pitch of the teeth can be different. Don't rule out finding a used one as there are pages and pages of them on Ebay. I have repaired or replaced 3 out of 4 on my Tradewinds.

Old 07-12-2016, 07:13 PM   #3

National RV Owners Club
The gear is not part of the motor it is part of the gear box.
Thanks I'll keep looking
Old 07-13-2016, 04:36 PM   #4

National RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
General info.

In 2005 National RV was using slide systems made by RBW and POWERGER, no rime or reason to what one was installed.
Richard S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2016, 06:51 PM   #5

If it is power gear the gearbox and the motor are one part.
Old 07-14-2016, 04:13 PM   #6

National RV Owners Club
every picture of the gearbox on Powergear or rbw website looks wrong. i ordered a 20 tooth gear from a barker gear box as all the measurements online are the same. I will compare the gears when it arrives.
Who knows maybe someone fabricated a different system in . While everything was apart i tried to manually push the slide out but it was way too tight. i used beeswax to lube where the slides touch and now i can push it in and out by myself , so the original problem is fixed. lets hope it works . ill post the outcome. thank you for all the information. i am not sure how to post the pictures or i would
Old 07-14-2016, 05:40 PM   #7

National RV Owners Club
The brass gear is a Martin WB 1220: https://www.mrosupply.com/gears-gear...artin-sprocket
Center hole may need drilling out from 1/2" to 5/8".
I tried a couple of steel versions of this gear, but teeth kept breaking off. It seemed the motor applies too much torque to gears if the slide button is held on too long, as in hearing the motor get loaded down when slide is fully in or out. So I added position micro switches in series with the slide in/out switch and adjusted the position switches to stop the motor just as the slide is fully in or out but does load down the motor.

GREGORYJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2016, 05:25 AM   #8

Learn something every day ,never saw a slide motor set up like that. The Mico switch set up is way cool.
Old 07-25-2016, 10:51 AM   #9

National RV Owners Club
I purchased the barker 22841 brass worm gear. i inspected it and it had 20 teeth, the gear pitch was right , the length of the gear was shorter by 2/8, the press pins hole was larger.
i drilled the hole out added 2 shims and installed it. everything works good . i will be adding the limit switches the same as the pics sent in By Gregory as this will limit more issues down the road.
Thanks everyone for the help .
Old 08-01-2016, 07:48 AM   #10

Thumbs up 05 Dolphin 5342

Have had the 05 since new and full time. Have the RBW slide system, busted the gear early, said it was not heat treated right. Fixed under warranty, since then have sheared the pin twice. I now lightly push it in or out when we move, have not had a problem for 7 years. But I do think the limit switches are a great job.

05 Dolphin #5342
Chuck Q is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
slide