RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > National RV Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 08-07-2018, 11:45 PM   #1

Buying advice PLEASE 1999 7370

Hi my first post here.
i was hoping for some quick buying advice. I have been offered a 1999 tradeswind 7370 with 80,000 miles. This week My friend is getting ready to trade it in for a brand new C class. He offered it to me at trade in price of $11,000. The trade deal is not completed. The dealer is going to list it for probably $18,000-20,000.

I borrowed it spring break for 1700 miles. This was not babied and garaged.
What i found it needed
batteries
Awning
Windshield/Windshields. Driver is cracked and the window seal has a large gap on the passenger side i attempted to seal with window seal. The wind noise was unbearable and drafty. I also suspect the door might leak at the same passenger A pillar
Water heater needs replaced
Wanders some on the road, but this is the only motor home I have driven. I first drove it in a high wind storm

Smaller items
Roof light no working
I never tried the jacks as he said one time it stuck on him
Window dust seals? Black rubber between double glass is shrinking
Entrance step under the passenger seat stuck in step positions. (Bus style)
Faded paint

The good
Everything else works.
Roof has been sealed a few times
Tires 2.5 years old

I can probably afford the maintenance, but how much should I expect based on the description at this mileage. I have actually proposed the idea of co owning it with my neighbor. He is a former mechanic, so parts will be our biggest expense. Any ideas what am I missing that the dealer is not asking more than $20,000.
Hoping someone can shed some light on buying or running from it.

I was hoping to buy it for $11,000. Own it for 5 years and sell it for $11,000

I really appreciate it

Nixtfy is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-08-2018, 09:20 AM   #2

Country Coach Owners Club
$11K would be a good deal. You have to have the windshield replaced as that is not a do it yourself project. Everything else you can fix. You can pay to have the windows fixed for 100 bucks each if you find the right guy.

There is no paint on the coach, it is plain old gel coat which can be polished out. The decals can be replaced.

I had a '99 T'winds and it wondered all over the road somewhat.

Old 08-08-2018, 10:37 PM   #3

I appreciate your help Don. We have wavered back and forth about buying it. 36’ seems to be too big a rig for us, but definitely the best value if we want a diesel pusher. There is nothing in this price under 20,000.

Comparison shopping it appears The A class are not diesels and the C class are under powered. Any opinion?
Old 08-09-2018, 12:26 PM   #4

Country Coach Owners Club
A 36 is not to big. That coach has I think a 226" wheel base so you can fit it just about anywhere. With the Cat 3126B, you will be able to get a pretty solid 10MPG provided you drive it sensibly. I don't think you can do that well with a small Class C.

When it is raining, a small coach begins to get really small.

If I had the time and lived closer to the coach, I would buy it
Old 08-10-2018, 12:52 AM   #5

Don
Again I appreciate the help. We passed on it. I presently own a renovated 23 foot trailer that sleeps 7.

Surprisingly the 36 motor home only slept 4. We have 3 kids. My friends and I are going to search for the right one over the winter.

Tags
1999, advice, buying