Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > National RV Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-20-2007, 04:46 PM   #1

When we purchased our Dolphin at the end of 05 National included one year with Coach Net. We subsequently renewed for three years. But ,I was surprised to hear "National RV "as the greeting when I called for service earlier this year.I was told that the service was farmed out to the coach manufacturers to give more specific service and help.My question is has Coach Net taken over this service again?? We are in Acapulco for the winter so will not have need for Coach Net but would like to know what happens when we get back to the states?Any information would be appreciated

National Dolphin LE 05 / Suzuki4WD
Zebra Gorda is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-20-2007, 04:46 PM   #2

When we purchased our Dolphin at the end of 05 National included one year with Coach Net. We subsequently renewed for three years. But ,I was surprised to hear "National RV "as the greeting when I called for service earlier this year.I was told that the service was farmed out to the coach manufacturers to give more specific service and help.My question is has Coach Net taken over this service again?? We are in Acapulco for the winter so will not have need for Coach Net but would like to know what happens when we get back to the states?Any information would be appreciated

National Dolphin LE 05 / Suzuki4WD
Zebra Gorda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 05:39 PM   #3

I have never understood Coach Net's service to work the way you have described. I understood that basically each of the manufacturers had their own "800"¯ number at Coach Net. Their greeting was manufacturer specific based on the telephone number called, but was always being answered by Coach Net employees. Their idea is that they are able to better serve customers knowing what brand coach you have when calling in. They are able to provide technical support based on specific brand. As far as I know, the calls have NEVER gone to National.
Old 12-20-2007, 11:33 PM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
That is right. The number is for the coach you own. If you just join coach net without a free one year. You get a different Number.
Old 04-01-2008, 02:41 AM   #5

Just to thow this out there....

I needed Coach-net 3 times.

1- slow leak in one tire...called...they set me up with a local truck tire shop within 10 minits.

2- Under warranty, a water fitting let go under the kitchen sink while on our first trip to Florida. They set me up (next morning at 8AM) with a NRV dealer...fixed and out in a hour.

3- Blowout on I-10 just east of El Paso. Amazing 2 hours and on the road again. Best $100/year "insurance" you can buy.
jerseyjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 10:11 AM   #6
Moderator Emeritus

As a total newbie, I had to use Coach Net twice last year on our maiden voyage in our brand new coach. Not a good introduction to RVing!

The first call was for a flat inboard dual. They had a guy out in a couple of hours. My only complaint was that they made the determination that I needed to replace the tire with a new one. When the tech got there and had the tire already replaced, he told me that he didn't know why they sent a new tire since he could have easily patched the flat. Cost me $400.

The second time was for overheating on the Grapevine headed to LA. We were towed back to Bakersfield.

Overall good response and nice people to work with.

2007 Itasca Ellipse 40FD
RickO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 10:29 AM   #7

Official iRV2 Sponsor

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I got coach net for the first time last jan, and it wasnt a week later I had to use it for my toad that had died. Had someone there within the hour. And when I called it was an answer at coachnet itself.
MtManLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2008, 12:29 PM   #8

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Send a message via ICQ to Fred and Bonnie
I just renewed with Coach Net, National RV's logo is still on their web site and they were very happy to take my $$$$. Coach Net does assist if the chassis is "in" warranty, however if you are "out" of warranty, I don't think the mfg has any bearing.

Fred
Fred and Bonnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2008, 01:28 PM   #9

Coach Net didn't help us at all. Unit only 4 months old.

2007 Itasca Meridian DP
C&C R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2008, 01:39 PM   #10

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by 06 Tradewinds:
I have never understood Coach Net's service to work the way you have described. I understood that basically each of the manufacturers had their own "800"¯ number at Coach Net. Their greeting was manufacturer specific based on the telephone number called, but was always being answered by Coach Net employees. Their idea is that they are able to better serve customers knowing what brand coach you have when calling in. They are able to provide technical support based on specific brand. As far as I know, the calls have NEVER gone to National. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
------------------------------------------------
If you join through FMCA then they make no manufacturer distinction. I've owned three different coaches all ways same number.
Old 04-06-2008, 02:10 PM   #11
AL

Florida Cooters Club
Nor'easters Club
Solo Rvers Club
Appalachian Campers
Mid Atlantic Campers
Hi All,

I had to use Coach Net 2 times in 8 years, both times they helped quickly! I have been very happy with them !! Last time was this past Jan on the way to Fl. front drivers side blowout, was back on the road with in an hour from my call to them, it gave me time for lunch !!! I agree with JerseyJim money well spent!!
Old 04-06-2008, 07:02 PM   #12

Well, I cannot account for your experiences, however, on the card that was provided to me by Coach Net, it has an "800"¯ number printed on the card. It also has National RV service by Coach-Net printed on the card. When you call that number, they still to this day answer the phone as "National RV Roadside Service by Coach-Net."¯ I just checked it. We have been members of Coach-Net through our purchase of National coaches since 2002. The most current card was issued to us when we purchased our current coach, a 2006 Tradewinds and renewed by us after the first year that was provided by National.
Old 04-08-2008, 05:47 PM   #13

We renewed our membership and it now just says Coach Net!Still works the same!

Ross
Ross G is offline   Reply With Quote