RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > National RV Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 03-26-2012, 12:35 PM   #1
Member
 
BoPeg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Orange Va
Posts: 96
Connecting TV to Stereo Speakers

We own a 2000 Seabreeze. We would like to know if anyone has connected their TV, located up front, to the stereo speckers? We have however changed the original tv to a flat screen. Would like to know if anyone has done this!!!!
__________________

BoPeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-26-2012, 12:53 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
Richard S.'s Avatar
 
National RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Join Date: May 2007
Location: El Cajon CA
Posts: 1,826
Yes I did, TV audio out red and white to auxiliary in on the in dash stereo. Works ok but has some line noise.
__________________

__________________
2007 Sea Breeze LX 8321 Ford Chassis
2004 Ford Ranger Edge
El Cajon CA.
Richard S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 08:36 AM   #3
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Home location, Matlock, WA
Posts: 201
Probably the simplex hook up is the one I use with my portabe 19 inch HD TV. I run a stereo cable from the headphone jack on the TV to the AUX input on the OEM radio. This gives my audio output to the speakers in the MH.

A bit more complex and something that may not be available on your MH, is to utilize the MH's dash mounted "Radio/TV" switch. The TV and the radio can be played through the switch which gives an output to the radio receiver at a pre-selected intermediate frequency on the radio. Like I say, complex but functional.

Bob, wa7hra............
__________________
2003 Dolphin 5342, W-22 Chassis, 22.5" Tires w/a spare, Monroe Shocks. Ultrapower ECM Upgrade.
2004 Toyota RAV4 toad, 2wd, 5 speed. US Gear toad brake.
wa7hra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 10:00 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 112
Yes same hook up as Richard mine works well without line noise. I have 32" LCD and alpine stereo receiver.
Mike H 2002 Revolution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 09:12 AM   #5
Senior Member
 
Rick 2005 Dolphin 5376's Avatar
 
National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: San Jose, Ca.
Posts: 1,327
Not so easy on my set up. The new Vizio didn't have rca out but it does have SPDIF out. I bought a converter box to go SPDIF to RCA. Then I installed a Motorola DC800 Bluetooth transmitter / Receiver to the tv. The stereo also had bluetooth. I just connect the two when we want tv sound to the stereo. With this setup we can also stream music from the itouch and laptop wirelessly to the stereo.
__________________
Rick and Julia
2005 Dolphin 5376, W24, Solid Body Paint, Koni FSD's
Looking for a new toad
Rick 2005 Dolphin 5376 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 09:46 AM   #6
Senior Member
 
keninvic's Avatar
 
National RV Owners Club
Newmar Owners Club
Triple E Owners Club
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: VICTORIA, BC
Posts: 231
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick 2005 Dolphin 5376 View Post
Not so easy on my set up. The new Vizio didn't have rca out but it does have SPDIF out. I bought a converter box to go SPDIF to RCA. Then I installed a Motorola DC800 Bluetooth transmitter / Receiver to the tv. The stereo also had bluetooth. I just connect the two when we want tv sound to the stereo. With this setup we can also stream music from the itouch and laptop wirelessly to the stereo.
You can also get one of these. It connects to the TV optical audio and converts it to analog RCA jacks. Check your TV though, some (LG for example) only output dolby digital on the optical audio and you need a more expensive converter for those. This converter works perfectly on the Vizio and any other TV that can turn off the Dolby bitstream on the optical audio.
Amazon.com: FiiO D3 Digital to Analog Audio Converter - 192kHz/24bit Optical and Coaxial DAC: Musical Instruments
__________________
2004 DOLPHIN 5320
2001 Dodge Dakota 4x4 Toad
keninvic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 05:52 PM   #7
Senior Member
 
Rick 2005 Dolphin 5376's Avatar
 
National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: San Jose, Ca.
Posts: 1,327
Quote:
Originally Posted by keninvic View Post
You can also get one of these. It connects to the TV optical audio and converts it to analog RCA jacks. Check your TV though, some (LG for example) only output dolby digital on the optical audio and you need a more expensive converter for those. This converter works perfectly on the Vizio and any other TV that can turn off the Dolby bitstream on the optical audio.
Amazon.com: FiiO D3 Digital to Analog Audio Converter - 192kHz/24bit Optical and Coaxial DAC: Musical Instruments
Had I not gone the way I did, yours would of been a good alternative. I paid about the same for my SPDIF converter.
__________________
Rick and Julia
2005 Dolphin 5376, W24, Solid Body Paint, Koni FSD's
Looking for a new toad
Rick 2005 Dolphin 5376 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 08:18 PM   #8
Senior Member
 
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Casa Grande AZ
Posts: 246
check your Walmart for a wireless gadget used for ipads etc. I connected it to tv with a adapter from radio shack and it plays on an FM frequency thru radio. cost under $20
__________________
Alleyman; 2004 Dolphin 5355; Banks Power Pack, Ottominder; 405 Watts Solar, 2010 Explorer XLT Toad. four month boondockers!
Alleyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 02:00 PM   #9
Senior Member
 
Rick 2005 Dolphin 5376's Avatar
 
National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: San Jose, Ca.
Posts: 1,327
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alleyman View Post
check your Walmart for a wireless gadget used for ipads etc. I connected it to tv with a adapter from radio shack and it plays on an FM frequency thru radio. cost under $20
And, really bad sound quality.... . It doesn't cost much more to get real high quality sound from your tv to your stereo.
__________________
Rick and Julia
2005 Dolphin 5376, W24, Solid Body Paint, Koni FSD's
Looking for a new toad
Rick 2005 Dolphin 5376 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 07:03 PM   #10
Senior Member
 
wa8yxm's Avatar
 
Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 24,023
Some TV's have jacks already present, Some do not, Mine does. The big thing is the speakers... In my coach they are fairly "High power" jobs, tough they give good quality audio (Conistant with my expectations for speakers and amplifiers in their power class) the TV really has not the drive to feed them.. Thus it feeds the "Home Theater" system next door. and that feeds the speakers.. Quite nicely I might add.

Thus, Even though it would work better on many levels.. WIFE never uses home theater insisting on using the cheaper speakers built into the tv. What's worse is if I've recorded say a Concert, and want to use the good ones for the better sound.. She ges ticked off..
__________________
Home is where I park it!
wa8yxm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 07:34 PM   #11
Senior Member
 
Robi.1014's Avatar
 
Monaco Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Arlington, VA
Posts: 889
wa8yxm,
I know what you mean about "she gets ticked off." I designed around DW's objection by using the headphone-out signal and feeding into the HT system. I set the HT system to a constant volume and thus DW can control the volume with the TV's remote (she's a only-one-remote gal!!). My Vizio doesn't have the "variable audio out" function needed for line-level audio connection, but the "headphone" out fits the requirement nicely (stereo only ... no 5.1 stuff). So for DW, the Vizio remote controls the volume ... and I get reasonably good sound.
__________________
Robi & Dale ---- Go Navy ----
2016 Winnie TOUR 42'
Tow: '08 Buick Lucerne
Robi.1014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 09:38 PM   #12
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 2,486
Wish I could connect my TV to stereo system. Replaced front CRT with a 40inch Samsung. Has a great picture however it does not have any audio out jacks! We feed it with a Dish VIP211K and a PS3 as well as having a dated stereo system that is not hooked up. Thinking about replacing home theatre system with a more modern one (HDMI jacks) so it can be fed by second HDMI feeds off of sources. Any comments or suggestions?
__________________
Terry & Alice
2006 Bounder 38L DP
2012 GMC Terrain
firedoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 11:31 PM   #13
Senior Member
 
keninvic's Avatar
 
National RV Owners Club
Newmar Owners Club
Triple E Owners Club
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: VICTORIA, BC
Posts: 231
Quote:
Originally Posted by wa8yxm View Post
Some TV's have jacks already present, Some do not, Mine does. The big thing is the speakers... In my coach they are fairly "High power" jobs, tough they give good quality audio (Conistant with my expectations for speakers and amplifiers in their power class) the TV really has not the drive to feed them.. Thus it feeds the "Home Theater" system next door. and that feeds the speakers.. Quite nicely I might add.

Thus, Even though it would work better on many levels.. WIFE never uses home theater insisting on using the cheaper speakers built into the tv. What's worse is if I've recorded say a Concert, and want to use the good ones for the better sound.. She ges ticked off..
I built a rather large subwoofer box in the space left after I installed the LED TV. Wifey doesnt like the home theatre amp I installed; but you should here the whining when I flip on the subwoofer... lol
__________________
2004 DOLPHIN 5320
2001 Dodge Dakota 4x4 Toad
keninvic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 11:47 PM   #14
Senior Member
 
Mr_D's Avatar
 
Country Coach Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Vancouver, WA
Posts: 35,970
Quote:
Originally Posted by firedoc View Post
Wish I could connect my TV to stereo system. Replaced front CRT with a 40inch Samsung. Has a great picture however it does not have any audio out jacks! We feed it with a Dish VIP211K and a PS3 as well as having a dated stereo system that is not hooked up. Thinking about replacing home theatre system with a more modern one (HDMI jacks) so it can be fed by second HDMI feeds off of sources. Any comments or suggestions?
Our Samsung is the same, only one RG-6 and RCA input. I may have to add some adapters as I can't even connect my TV Ears to the TV, only to the cable box. The RCA input is used by the DVD and the RG is used by the antenna/cable/satellite.
__________________

__________________
2009 45' Magna 630 w/Cummins ISX 650 HP/1950 Lbs Ft
Charter Good Sam Lifetime Member, FMCA, SKP
RV'ing since 1957, NRA Benefactor Life, towing '14 Jeep JKU
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:27 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.