Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > National RV Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-01-2013, 04:24 PM   #1

National RV Owners Club
Corian stove top

I don't know if anyone has the same problem, but I can't get my Corian stove top to stay up when I am trying to cook. Bob used some wood wedges in the back, but I would like a permanent solution if anyone knows of one.

Thanks
Diane
battndi is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-01-2013, 06:02 PM   #2

When open it, you lift up and back and it drops down in some slots. When you close it, you are supposed to lift up and out of the slots. There should be instructions under the top. Sound like the PO just pulled it down. The two metal tabs that hold it up can get bent open. If Bob is not a handyman, it's too complicated to explain from here, but it can be fixed. I just fixed mine. It would stay up, but barely.

Dunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 06:29 PM   #3

National RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Interesting ... our corian stovetop covers are "loose". They don't have the hinges that I see in photos of some other owners motorhomes, and they weren't removed as there are no screw holes.

We just pull our off when cooking and they fit/store nicely right on top of the cabinet where the sink is.
2Labs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 07:16 PM   #4

Black removable plug in back. Another screw at black top and Corian base.

Old 02-06-2013, 05:16 PM   #5

National RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I have the same problem. I use a wooden dowel with a couple of notches in it to hold it up. Looks a little "Ghetto" (to quote my kids), but it works. I would like to have it work like it was designed. I'll have to give it a closer look in the spring when it is out of storage.
Old 02-06-2013, 05:55 PM   #6

And... another thing about those tops that have a hinge about 3 inches from the front edge. If you put your hand near it, or even think about leaning on it, it rotates downward. What I did, was glue a small block of wood under the front, bottom. It still functions the same, but won't surprise you by folding under as easily.

Old 02-07-2013, 06:11 AM   #7

National RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Your right Dunner.. I have experienced that as well. Boy my "TO DO" list keeps growing.
Old 02-07-2013, 06:56 AM   #8

National RV Owners Club
Smile

You are right about touching the last 3 inches. We have flipped numerous items. I finally got a large solid chopping block so it covers the split and stays rigid.
battndi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 11:28 AM   #9

I was going to run the board all the way across, but this trial board worked so good, I just left it. It's held on with "Shoe Glue" and wont migrated with any heat from the stove or sitting during the summer, like sticky back VelcroŽ does.

Old 02-15-2013, 01:41 PM   #10

National RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Carolina Campers
I know what you mean..

I have the very same issue with mine that Battndi has, and I know what Dunner means too. My last rv had a lid on the stove that dunner describes that has a notch, so to speak, that the lid drops into when hinged up behind the stove, the corian cover on this Seabreeze does not work that way. If it is intended too something is wrong. Does not stay up on its own. Also, ditto leaning on front few inches...if I have done that once I have done it a hundred times.

Solution for lid staying up is easy though, raise left side jacks all the way and angle of MH will hold lid up on it's own....makes cooking and walking and sleeping hard, but lid stays put
trode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 07:06 PM   #11

It looks crudy, but it can't bee seen when standing up. I shoulda taken a picture when I fixed mine. I'll try to make MSPaint rendition of how it works.... later. It's hard to explain.

Old 02-16-2013, 02:22 AM   #12

Without taking it apart again and taking a picture, this is kinda, sorta what the hinge mechanism, that holds the burner top up, looks like. The blue circle is a rivet in a slotted hole that lets the black dot slide into the slot and keep the burner top open. If you pull the top down, without lifting up first, it bends the tab at the arrow outward and may or may not hold the top up anymore. I bent my tab back straight and closed the gap the black dot slides into. There is one on each side.

Old 04-05-2016, 11:32 PM   #13

National RV Owners Club
We recently bought our 2004 Sea Breeze and are slightly annoyed by the stove top problem you described with the last 3 inches tilting when you touch it. I see that you solved the problem and was hoping you could possibly show the solution in a picture. Thanks!!!
DanandVicki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2016, 07:32 AM   #14

National RV Owners Club
We had the same issue, pin was broken off the hinge on one side and it wouldn't stay up. We used 3M Velcro strips on the stovetop and backsplash. Works great and doesn't look bad, we just leave it up when we get to our destination.

2002 National Sea Breeze LX 8341
TC Wndsr is offline   Reply With Quote