Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > National RV Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-16-2017, 10:52 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by davebw31 View Post
My suggestion on the water line is this: Make up or buy a 5/8"X3' drinking water grade hose. Install a 90* elbow at the water regulator that feeds the MH whole water system. Install one end of the hose in the 90* elbow. Now all you have to do is feed the other end through the small opening in the bottom of the utilities compartment. Then hook up your main water hose.

I use small bungee cords or tarp bungee ball cords two per water line that is in a coil, easy to store this way and no tangled mess!

50A line I just unplug, lay out the cord to it's power source, and feed the plug through the floor of the compartment and plug it back in.

Sewer line I found a clear plastic fitting that just did fit through the compartment access.
Thanks for the information. I'll look at the inside plug for the electric. Hopefully that will not be too difficult to unplug if the contacts are cleaned.

The sewer line isn't a problem but the water line is. Even done as you say, I have to unload everything in the compartment just to get to the access opening in the bottom. I want to avoid that hassle. I looked at it today and may be able to work something out regarding access through the door as I mentioned earlier. It may be as simple as notching just the compartment seal and making a piece to slip back in to close it up.
rgand is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-18-2017, 05:29 PM   #16

I just run the water hose through the sewer deck plate to a 90 at the water conection.
kruzr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2017, 07:53 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by kruzr View Post
I just run the water hose through the sewer deck plate to a 90 at the water conection.
Where do you run your sewer line? There isn't enough room for both to go through mine.
Old 07-18-2017, 08:29 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgand View Post
Where do you run your sewer line? There isn't enough room for both to go through mine.
Both fit in mine.
Old 07-18-2017, 10:38 PM   #19

Quote:
Both fit in mine.
Yours must be bigger than the one in mine. Thanks for that.
Old 07-19-2017, 07:24 AM   #20

Quote:
Yours must be bigger than the one in mine. Thanks for that.

I first feed and connect the sewer line and then the water. There is just enough room.
Old 07-19-2017, 09:11 AM   #21

Quote:
I first feed and connect the sewer line and then the water. There is just enough room.
I've been considering putting a hose hatch in the floor close to the door. that would quite effectively end the major event of moving everything out and back in.
Old 07-19-2017, 09:43 AM   #22

Here's what Winnebago uses (On Amazon from Winnebago)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	81eH5QzlRrL._SL1500_[1].jpg
Views:	70
Size:	174.2 KB
ID:	169267   Click image for larger version

Name:	Quickport.JPG
Views:	112
Size:	37.4 KB
ID:	169268  

tderonne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2017, 10:17 AM   #23

Tim, a friend of mine has a Winnebago and we compared his compartment to mine. Unfortunately the compartment isn't the same shape so the Winnebago hatch won't work with mine. That's certainly the best solution I've seen yet, though.

That's OK, I've ordered another hatch cover to put close to the door and will go with that. https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

At least I won't have to unload the whole thing just to run a water line in.
Old 07-19-2017, 10:20 AM   #24

Quote:
Tim, a friend of mine has a Winnebago and we compared his compartment to mine. Unfortunately the compartment isn't the same shape so the Winnebago hatch won't work with mine. That's certainly the best solution I've seen yet, though.

That's OK, I've ordered another hatch cover to put close to the door and will go with that. https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

At least I won't have to unload the whole thing just to run a water line in.
Another option as others have suggested

https://www.westmarine.com/deck-plates
Old 07-19-2017, 10:23 AM   #25

Quote:
Another option as others have suggested

https://www.westmarine.com/deck-plates
I looked at those but you wind up with a large opening for vermin to run on in. The one I have coming is much like the original National one buried way back in the compartment behind everything. It closes around the hose fairly snugly.
Old 07-19-2017, 11:18 AM   #26

Could you add a trailer type freshwater hose hookup? And use quick disconnects...JR Products make a lot of different paintable small compartments with lockable doors...
Bob_C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2017, 11:21 AM   #27

Monaco Owners Club
National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Send a message via AIM to tmw188
On my 05 Dolphin I have separate bays for waste and potable water. A smaller coach may not lend itself for two separate bays.
Old 07-19-2017, 06:43 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmw188 View Post
On my 05 Dolphin I have separate bays for waste and potable water. A smaller coach may not lend itself for two separate bays.
That sounds convenient. I don't know how long yours is but ours is almost 35 feet. There are two compartments but one is buried back behind the water heater and accessible only through the main one with all the valves and such in it. It's like the whole thing was an after thought. With the new access hatch, I'll be able to put all the seldom needed stuff and the water filters in the hard to reach area already connected. The sewer line and water hose can live in the main space. All I'll need to do is have a 3 or 4 foot hose to drop through the hatch and connect the feed line to that. The sewer line just feeds through the floor, too.

Tags
dolphin