Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > National RV Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-17-2013, 10:09 PM   #1

National RV Owners Club
Dometic Model 1292 Quit

Our side by side Dometic quit cooling, anyone out there ever have a Model 1292 quit cooling and have a suggestion as to what I can do to fix it. Doesn't cool on AC or propane.
Any suggestions on a good Mobile RV repair guy in Las Vegas, NV????????
sgtjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-18-2013, 12:20 PM   #2

National RV Owners Club
Joe
Do the lights on the control panel light up at all? You can check the AC and DC Voltages from the outside I'll attach a picture of where to check the 12VDC and the AC is a normal household socket. There will be two plugs in the socket, one is for the Ice Maker and the other is for the fridge but with it not working on LP Gas I'd bet the AC is fine.

Another thing to check is the burner tube for critters and or debris from the winter sit.
Dick
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	12 VDC Power Slide 4.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	98.1 KB
ID:	32119  
Old 01-18-2013, 09:29 PM   #3

National RV Owners Club
The lights are on with both ac and propane. Had one mobile repair guy check the board and he said it had both ac and dc power, therefore the cooling unit was bad. Cost to fix 1750.00 and it would take more then a week to get it. Had another Mobile repair guy check it and he checked it the way you show. Said it was a possibility it could be the cooling unit, but he wants it to operate for 24 hours on ac on coolest temp without being opened. So it is on and not being opened. He has a cooling unit at his shop that was brought in a year ago for someone else and gave me a quote of 1200 installed and can do it tomorrow or Monday if the tubes don't get warmed up tomorrow. The gray tubing running up the back are cold to the touch. There is no yellow powder or ammonia smell so there isn't a leak. really odd, it just started heating up a few days ago.

I knew we should have stayed home, so far 2200.00 for 4 tires, now maybe 1200.00 for the fridge, one of the furnace motors is squealing so I found a motor for 53.00 (I can install this) and then my fix on the slide seems to have failed, slide wouldn't come in yesterday in Mesquite, NV until I shoved a piece of the plastic I bought under the broken skid and started the engine, then it came in. We get to Vegas and as Angie was putting it out the slide made a chattering sound after it was all the way out. I haven't had the guts to try to bring it back in yet. May try tomorrow when the fridge guy is here.

So, how's your day going??
Old 01-19-2013, 05:48 PM   #4

National RV Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Joe, I sent you an email regarding a good guy in Vegas.
Vegasdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 11:43 PM   #5

National RV Owners Club
We got the new cooling unit installed today for 1200 bucks, from what I've found this was a great deal. Now half of me can get a good nights sleep while the other half sweats over the slide. Mike, Affordable RV Service and Repair will come on this Tuesday to see if he can fix this slide. He thinks he can jack the slide up enough to remove the funky old plastic skids and replace with some teflon skids. Keep your fingers and toes crossed.

Tags
dometic