RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > National RV Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 08-26-2010, 09:55 AM   #1

National RV Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Drivers A/C not only cool

Went to Camp Freightliner in Harrisburg this week and on the way down,it wasn't really warm,so didn't need the dash air. Coming home it was in the upper 80's and into the lower 90's,so I had the dash A/C on and found that it wasn't blowing very cold. It's cool,but not cold enuff to cool anything down. If you switch it over to heat it'll melt you right out of the seat.I know where the A/C/ stuff is on the radiator,but where does it go from there and what's possibly wrong? I have an '01 Tradewinds 7390 LTC.

bigdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-26-2010, 02:12 PM   #2

National RV Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdog View Post
Went to Camp Freightliner in Harrisburg this week and on the way down,it wasn't really warm,so didn't need the dash air. Coming home it was in the upper 80's and into the lower 90's,so I had the dash A/C on and found that it wasn't blowing very cold. It's cool,but not cold enuff to cool anything down. If you switch it over to heat it'll melt you right out of the seat.I know where the A/C/ stuff is on the radiator,but where does it go from there and what's possibly wrong? I have an '01 Tradewinds 7390 LTC.
The dash air doesn't blow real cold air. Part of the problem is that with dash air only, you are trying to cool down the entire coach, something that you will never be able to do. We found that by putting up a shower curtain rod and clear shower curtain behind the cockpit seats and running the 2 overhead fans we can keep relatively cool even in 100+ temps. Even with all that you will never get it as cool as you can a car. The other alternative is to start the genset and run the coach air while driving, if you do that you can shut off the dash air.

Vegasdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 02:15 PM   #3

National RV Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdog View Post
Your dash air will not get really cold, due to the fact you are also trying to cool all of the air in the coach. We use a shower curtain rod and clear shower curtain behind the cockpit along with using the 2 overhead fans to keep cool. The other alternative is to run your genset and coach air while driving.
Old 08-27-2010, 09:17 AM   #4

National RV Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Sorry about the 2 posts. I submitted the first one and I lost the web site. Went back in and redid the post and now both show up.
Old 08-27-2010, 06:11 PM   #5

National RV Owners Club
I use the same system as Dan. I have insulated curtains that we take down when AC is not needed. I had a vacuum pulled on mine and recharged, 100+ degree day last week and mine was 62 degree's coming out of the vents. I have a laser temp gauge and my wife says I am compulsive shooting the vents in the house and RV.
Texun1 is offline   Reply With Quote