RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > National RV Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 03-08-2013, 09:34 PM   #1

Driver's side window change out

2006 31' Sea Breeze. I want to change the driver's side window.The entire thing, that is. I want to be able to look out the window as I'm backing out of my side yard. The configuration is such that I have to bend way down to poke my head out of the slider portion. The reason is that to get out of my side yard I need to see the front portion on my side in order to miss the fence. Hopefully this makes some sort of sense.

ichthus is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-08-2013, 09:42 PM   #2

Why not just use your mirrors?

pdidonato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 10:27 AM   #3

National RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I have the same problem, needing to see the front of the coach, and of course you can't see the front in the mirrors. My Surf Side's window is so small you can't get more than your hand out of it. Will be interested to see how you make out with this.
Old 03-09-2013, 10:52 AM   #4

I here ya. I replaced the entire window on my 08 Pacifica for the same reason. Motion Windows Vancover WA, built me a new one to my specs. Had to remove old window and send them a template, about 30 days & $800 I had my new one. Good luck. PM me if you need more info.
RDAYZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 11:02 AM   #5

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Add a (backup) camera in front and toggle it to your back up camera? A lot less I think than a new window. Camera, cable, toggle, done? More fun too, and takes care of clearance on both sides.
njs42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 11:35 AM   #6

National RV Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I'm not trying to be a wiseguy about this,but I have the same window in my Tradewinds and I have no problems seeing where I am by using my mirrors. If they are set correctly then you should be able to see the whole length of the rig and you can always change the view if you have electric mirrors..
I do drive a school bus and it's kinda like a motorhome but with more windows and a heck of a lot more noise and you do have to use your mirrors there also.
bigdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 11:53 AM   #7

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
The op says he needs to see the front corner of his rig, unless I misunderstand a mirror will not do that for you.. Unless you have one of those side pointing mirrors like on buses. Not to attractive on a MH.
Old 03-09-2013, 12:17 PM   #8

njs42, Where would the front camera mount? Toggle? I'm not getting the picture here (pun intended). Also, the "front" I need to see is directly below the mirror and a little forward of it as well.
ichthus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 03:25 PM   #9

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Well, here is my thinking. For what ever free thinking is worth.

My rear camera is mounted dead center high on the rear cap. I can see the corners but cannot see around the corners which is the place you are concerned about. So if you mounted a camera high on the driver side front of your MH above and in front of the mirror you would see the area you are concerned about.

These cameras have cable delivering the picture to the receiver (TV) so you would have a spliter and a switch (toggle) allowing you to choose which view you wanted ie; which cable you would choose.

For instance, MH's that have rear view cameras on their mirrors allow you to select the view you wanted. They must have a switch (toggle) to do it, and since they are using one TV display all cables must be split into that TV.

Same principle as the selector used to choose between your front and rear TV, or VCR, or what ever antenna you want to use.

Just a thought,one I have had off and on when I wanted to see those front corners of my rig when turning sharp toward an object in front.
Old 03-10-2013, 09:34 AM   #10

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I did a search on line and complete multi camera systems sell for 3/4 hundred. Not that you would want one, but it means then that a camera using the device they used to select the camera to view which was a remote pad could work for this situation. A lot cheaper than a new window. Camera cable and selector. IF you can get those parts.

Also on a new thread I read tha Rand McNally has a GPS system with a camera outlet. If you do not have a gps and want one then that one and a camera would solve your problem. JUst mount the camera so it looks at the problem area.
Old 03-11-2013, 10:09 AM   #11

I dont post a lot of questions for the above reasons. ichthus just wanted some info on a window change out, for which I provided. You can't stick your head out of a camera & see what you are doing. I guess you could build a security system around your coach to see every corner????

RDAYZ is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
window