Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > National RV Owner's Forum
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 05-11-2010, 07:45 PM   #1

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
DRL Daytime Running Lights.

We recently purchased and imported to Canada a 2008 National Dolphin DL35C, Workhorse W24 chassis. In order to pass safety inspection, we need to have the DRL lights functioning.

From what I can see, the DRL icon comes on in the top right hand side of the instrument panel when I disengage the Parking/Emergency brake, and the same DRL light is on when I place the Pushbutton Allison tranny into Drive. But there are no low beam or any lights on outside.

Is it possible that the pervious owner disconnected the DRL module?

The DRL subject is mentioned in the WH manual, and appears to be included on my chassis.

Appreciate any suggestions. Edouard.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-11-2010, 08:34 PM   #2
iRV2 Marketing

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edouard View Post
The DRL subject is mentioned in the WH manual, and appears to be included on my chassis..
Ed, The location of the DRL module is; "On the IP harness located by the body builder."

It is idetified as PART NUMBER: 12110539, Z49 relay, 5 Way F Metri-Pack 280 Series Flexlock (BLK)

The relay is connected to an 8 Way Edgeboard Series STD BLK It looks like a rectangular connector with the letters A through H descending from left to right. A lock tab is located at the 12 o'clock position on the connector.

RV/MH Hall of Fame - Lifetime Member
DriVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 07:14 AM   #3

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Did you check the bulbs. On my 05 the DRL are seperate bulb not the headlights.
Old 05-12-2010, 07:23 AM   #4

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Good morning,

Thanks for the informative replies, now the detective work begins, will post result.
Edouard.
Old 05-12-2010, 06:05 PM   #5

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Drl-daytime running lights.

Hi, I'm new to this forum, we just procured New to us, a 2008 Dolphin DL35C, Workhorse W24 Chassis, and imported it into Canada.

To pass inspection we need to have Daytime Running Lights, all indications seem to suggest that it does have the DRL relay & DRL Module, but it appears to be disengaged.

The DRL light in the instrument panel lights up when I remove the parking brake, and also when it is in Drive. If I turn on the headlights the DRL icon goes out, as it does when I put the Park brake on.

I have openned part of the instrument panel, which house the switches for lights etc to the left of the steering wheel.

Any idea out there to help me get this working. I tried Workhorse, they said it was supplied with the chassis, and it is up to the bodybuilder to position it, so we should go to a WH service center. Prefer to try and solve it myself, past experience with RV dealers & Truck centers have not been positive.

Edouard.
Old 05-12-2010, 06:26 PM   #6

Workhorse Chassis Owner
I know this may sound silly, but did you check for defective light bulbs?
kennersonf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 06:28 PM   #7

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
The DRL's should be using either the LowBeam or High Beam in weaker voltage. Both are functioning fine, as are the Driving/Fog Lights. Thanks.
Old 05-12-2010, 06:29 PM   #8

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Carolina Campers
Hi,

Apparently your daytime lights are working Ok. They only go on when parking brake is disengaged and unit is in Drive, otherwise they are off. Have someone check when you have engine running and are in Drive if the lights are on and you will see they are.

They do go off when you put your regular headlights on and that is the way it is supposed to work.

Enjoy?
Tom-NC is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 07:01 PM   #9

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Tom-NC, thanks but we have already checked outside, there are no lights on when the park brake is off and tranny in Drive, but the DRL icon is lit in the instrument panel.
Old 05-12-2010, 09:31 PM   #10

Workhorse Chassis Owner
On my 05 Dolphin the DRL are seperate bulbs. They don't use the head light bulbs for DRL.
Old 05-13-2010, 06:09 AM   #11

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Carolina Campers
Hi,
Sorry my idea didn't work, however you might want to try calling Camping World at their 800 number or Lazy Days in Fl 1-888-500-5299 and ask for their Technical Staff.

Another way would be to do a search for a wiring diagram on you RV as I don't think, but could be wrong, that National RV is around anymore however if they are contact them.

Hope this helps
Tom-NC is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 06:30 AM   #12

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Tom-NC,
Thanks, I may give Camping World or Lazydays a call, will call a local RV service desk here aswell.
National RV/DOlphin is out of business, but perhaps someone on this forum may have a wiring diagram. Edouard.
Old 05-13-2010, 08:50 AM   #13

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
The DRL system is a standard GM system. and Workhorse will have it. DRL's are a "Chassis" feature, not a "house" feature so Workhorse is the place to contact\

Hey Driver.... you would not have the needed PDF on hand would you?
Old 05-13-2010, 05:38 PM   #14

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Thanks DriVer & Speed Racer!
I took part of the dash appart, spend hours under it with a work light, did the same inside the hood looking for the Relay & Module on the firewall. Replaced the H3.55W bulb in the lower left Driving Lights/not to be confused with the DRL Daytime Running Lights, did not spot any sign there of the DLR's components.
Have now booked for 10AM Monday at local RV outlet., if they do not find it they will install a kit, $60.00 for the kit plus labor.
I'm usually quite good at locating and fixing just about anything and everything on my MH's, this time I am stumped.
Thanks again, Edouard.