RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > National RV Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 05-06-2008, 05:47 PM   #1

I have a 02 8311 and my headlight lenses are totally yellow. With the help of the peeps on this forum, I found out that the lenses are 92-96 F150 headlights. Below is a link to a set of Euro style headlights. They have clear lenses. They don't have fluted lenses like the OEM light.

Question is, what are your experiences with these style lights? Thanks

Z
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/92-93-94-95-96-FORD-F-15...dZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-06-2008, 05:47 PM   #2

I have a 02 8311 and my headlight lenses are totally yellow. With the help of the peeps on this forum, I found out that the lenses are 92-96 F150 headlights. Below is a link to a set of Euro style headlights. They have clear lenses. They don't have fluted lenses like the OEM light.

Question is, what are your experiences with these style lights? Thanks

Z
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/92-93-94-95-96-FORD-F-15...dZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

Old 05-06-2008, 08:44 PM   #3

Our Tradewinds has the same F150/Bronco lights which I replaced about a year ago for the same reason with the Euro style lights. Much improved night vision.
Ken C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 05:36 AM   #4

Thanks Ken. Great to hear. Did you also upgrade the bulb to a PIAA or a silver star?

Thanks
Old 05-07-2008, 07:52 AM   #5

I would pick replacement bulbs with caution. I tried two different types of "blue" higher output bulbs. They all burned out within a year, and I thought the visibility overall was worse. I am using Silver Stars now and they are OK. You might want to review this info as food for thought..
Headlight Bulbs
Old 05-07-2008, 07:06 PM   #6

I just transferred the existing bulbs. I tried SilverStar bulbs on our last coach and didn't see a great improvement to justify the cost
Old 05-11-2008, 07:46 AM   #7

Along these lines...
I was doing a little headlight maintenance on my 2000 7373 that I just purchased and noticed that when on "high-beam" the outboard headlamps turn off, leaving only the inboards on. I pulled the outboards, determined that the bulbs were high/low type and both filaments were OK and that there was no power to the highbeam filaments when the highbeams were on.

I did see the tell-tale National wire crips in the highbeam power wire, running from and back to the circuit but couldn't tell where the powere was diverted to.

Any ideas on this one?
JeffieT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2008, 01:06 PM   #8

JeffieT

National built several diesel coaches around that time with the 4 headlight arrangement. They failed to utilize the high beam element of the outer light for some unknown reason. Perhaps the wiring would not handle the combined draw from 4 lights. We had 2001 model which was the same as yours - high beam powered the inner light elements only. I complained to NRV when it was under warranty, but they would not correct it.
Old 05-12-2008, 05:09 AM   #9

Thanks, Ken. Little electrical things like this drive me buggy. You would think that this is a violation of federal law since it affects lighting. I do know that in the broadest sense it is a violation of Arizona traffic code (we live in the stinking desert) that says that any lamp must be in "proper working condition, adjustment and repair".

I guess I will just keeping using the high-beans and the driving lights at the same sime.

JeffieT is offline   Reply With Quote