RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > National RV Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 04-29-2014, 06:45 PM   #1

Fog Lamp Lens

I have a broken lens on one of my fog lamps. Can't seem to find a replacement. Has anyone out there managed to find this specific part? Otherwise I'll just start the search of the various sources of RV and National parts. Thanks!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	foglamp4.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	43.8 KB
ID:	61762  

rvjimzhr is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-30-2014, 09:41 AM   #2

Not good news. Called several recommended sources, most recently The Gambler. Am told the part is unavailable, the mfg has gone out of business, and he can't get anymore. People are replacing the rectangular unit with a smaller, round unit. He knows nothing that will come anywhere close to "filling the hole" where the old light goes. Anybody know where there's an old junk Tradewinds that might have that light? Or can suggest another light that will work as well and not look too bad?

Old 04-30-2014, 08:53 PM   #3

National RV Owners Club
I replaced both of my originals years ago with these. Amazon.com: Grote 64581-5 Forward Lighting: Automotive

I don't think the lens will work on the factory, but the lens # for this one is 93121
sgtjoe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 08:37 AM   #4

Thanks Joe! That lamp looks close to what I have. I'm not sure I'm up to the job of replacing the entire lamp assy but if they will fit in the hole I'll just have someone else replace the entire unit. Is your lamp assy and cutout that it fits in the same as mine?
Old 05-01-2014, 09:21 AM   #5

National RV Owners Club
I'm pretty sure the front cap on your 2000 and my 2001 are the same. The original fog lights only used glue to hold the lens on. These use clamps. When I installed mine I had to grind the bolt heads down in order to get them to fit right into the cap. I found mine at a local truck shop. You might check around to see if they are available locally at a truck stop.

Also, there are RV salvage yards that might have the original ones available if you want those. google rv salvage
Old 05-01-2014, 11:44 AM   #6

Notice the Amazon link shows the light "....usually ships in 1 to 3 months". Did it take that long? In the picture there is a piece on the bottom that extends down quite a ways. So the lamp is not an actual rectangle? And was that extension a problem for you?
Old 06-21-2014, 05:17 PM   #7

UPDATE: About two weeks ago I got an email telling me that the item had shipped with a delivery date in 2 or 3 days. On the delivery I was at home waiting for UPS when I got an email advising "Sorry" the item will not be delivered. They further advised a new ship date which is about a month past what the original was. I may never get this item.
Old 08-23-2014, 02:34 PM   #8

Another UPDATE: Since the post in June Amazon has sent 2 emails rescheduling delivery and now it's into November. I called Amazon who called Grote. Grote is no help and as far as they know the item is discontinued and none of their plants, both in and out of US, have the item. Amazon thought O'Reilly Auto Parts might but my local store did a search and say the item is unavailable. So I'm once again looking for this fog light. Any more ideas out there?
Old 08-23-2014, 06:37 PM   #9

National RV Owners Club
Try this one WWW.WALTSRVSTORE.COM
Old 08-23-2014, 06:41 PM   #10

National RV Owners Club
Or this one Colaw RV Used Parts - We Have Your Part...

There is one salvage yard in Northern Calif, can't remember their name. Also their is another big salvage yard in Kentucky. Just google RV Salvage Yards
Old 08-23-2014, 07:11 PM   #11

National RV Owners Club
Just found your lights, check out the 1998 Tradewinds at Wrecked RVs Archive - Page 2 of 29 - Colaw RV Used Parts
Old 08-24-2014, 10:44 AM   #12

Thanks much! I'll get in touch with these guys.
Old 08-29-2014, 09:24 AM   #13

I have begun sending emails to parts and salvage companies. Many have replied and none of them have these fog lamps (including Colaw and Walt's). Hard to believe!
Old 08-30-2014, 09:31 AM   #14

National RV Owners Club
Then Colaws needs to update their website, because I saw them on there. I'd call them and tell them to look at the website page I sent you. They also say they have 11 Tradewinds later on in their website.

BTW, I don't think the factory fog lamps were made by Grote. So if you asked for them by the name and part number using Grote, that might be why they don't have any.