Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > National RV Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-10-2015, 09:49 PM   #1

Fridge drain tube

Where do they put the frig drain tube at? I crawled all under the MH and i could not find it. nor is it in the opening outside to the frig. I have a 2000 tradewinds model 7373. HELP!
rivrduk is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-10-2015, 11:27 PM   #2

Maybe the 'tube' got old/brittle and disintegrated

You didn't provide WHICH fridge you have.......

Dometic
The tube is attached to the drip pan and then runs down the backside of fridge and usually pokes out the lower access/vent cover

Norcold
Attaches the same but can end up in a small drip cup

To replace you usually have to pull fridge out to reach where tubing attaches to food section drip pan.
Old-Biscuit is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2015, 06:35 PM   #3

Our '07 Dolphin with Dometic ref. had a disintegrated drip line. I replaced it with 1/2" I.D. clear plastic tubing, feeding from inside to outside by pulling the drip pan from inside the fridge out through the inside; pushing the new line through the exposed hole, into the outside cavity, to where I wanted it, then cut off the access on the inside and attached it to the inner drip pan. Not a difficult job, as long as you buy enough tubing.
Gary
garyvont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2015, 07:27 AM   #4

I have an RM7732 Dometic side by side fridge. I've never seen a drip tube anywhere and have been defosting this unit since I got my rig in late 2006. Never any sign of water inside or outside at rear fridge access area.

Garyvont can you tell me where exactly the drip pan is so I can look for mine. Thanks!
rvjimzhr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2015, 09:51 PM   #5

Mine is a dometic too. With ID do you mean the inside diameter, and how long of a hose is needed? tHANKS VERY MUCH FOR YOUR HELP. oTHERS HAVE TOLD ME THAT I WOULD HAVE TO PULL THE FRIG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-23-2015, 02:46 PM   #6

Yes, I'm referring to "inside diameter". I bought about a four foot length of clear flexible plastic tubing from Home Depot. I'm sure Lowes, or practically any well supplied hardware store would carry it. First, you have to remove the white plastic part inside your refrigerator which collects the defrosted water, and routes it through the back wall of the refrigerator. On mine, the long drip pan, directly under the aluminum cooling fins, drips into the inside part that you can see that runs through the back wall. This white plastic device is held in place partially with caulking, but it does come loose and can be removed from inside the refrig. Check the OD (outside diameter) of the round pipe portion of it that goes through the back wall of the refrig. into the outside compartment. When routing the new tubing, start from inside the refrain. and be careful not to put it too close to the flue (the vertical metal part to the right side that gets hot when the fridge. is running)or the metal coils, which also get hot. Also, be careful not to kink it. I didn't have a catch pan at the bottom like my previous Norco fridge, and the water just runs out the access door. I think I'll fashion a collection pan though, as I don't want to develop a damp area inside the compartment. A good flashlight, a flexible neck, the lack of need for bifocals, and small hands, make the job a lot easier! Good luck!
Gary
Old 11-24-2015, 10:06 AM   #7

RVJMZHR, I apologize, but I just now noticed your request. I'm not familiar with your particular refrig., but if you see my last post in answer to RIVRDUK, perhaps that will be helpful Of course, I suppose it's possible that your coach manufacturer designed it so the refrig. would drain through the floor, rather than into a collection pan, or just dump out inside the refrig. compartment. I would do a thorough search for water the next time you defrost it. As to the pan in my previous Norcold, it was on the bottom framework inside the refrain. compartment, almost directly under the flu. Hope this helps!
Gary
Old 11-26-2015, 05:26 PM   #8

National RV Owners Club
Florida Cooters Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by rivrduk View Post
Where do they put the frig drain tube at? I crawled all under the MH and i could not find it. nor is it in the opening outside to the frig. I have a 2000 tradewinds model 7373. HELP!
Mine is in the right rear wheel well. Look up high.
LakeKerrGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2015, 01:04 PM   #9

Thanks, LAKEKERRGUY for your info. I looked under the right back tire opening and i found the drain tube for the frig. I poured water in the drip pan and it ran out of the tube, so it is working. I have two small fans that keep the frig fins from frosting up. I now know where the leak came from. The water line to the ice maker was leaking. I will use the ice maker no more as i have purchased a portable one. Thanks so much for your info. rivrduk

Tags
fridge