Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > National RV Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-30-2011, 08:40 PM   #1

National RV Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
front door water leaks.

I finally got around to stripping off the old insulation that goes on the door and got it cleaned,new double sided tape put on and then got the new stuff put on.( I have some left,about 40',so PM me if you want some).I also resealed the bottom 1/2 of the door around the insert panel as it looked as if there was water coming in.It rained last nite and when I went to look,there was water on the inside door panel and it looked as if it came from the door handle.There was also water along the leading edge of the door at the hinge section.The hinge section looks as if it needs new insulation also and so now the hunt begins again.The other problem appears to be that the water is running down the door and in thru the bottom pin of the door handle and then some is running down the inside of the door and some down the outside of the inside panel.
Has anyone had this problem?
bigdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-02-2011, 08:29 PM   #2

Not sure what kind of door you have. A lot of the newer doors look like ship hatches, with rounded corners. Many of the older ones are rectangular. I used to get leaks on my camper door which was the rectangular type. It turned out that when they made the door frame out of aluminum pieces, the corners weeped water to the inside of the camper. I solved it by sealing the outside of the seems with silicone.
Old 11-13-2011, 02:06 PM   #3

National RV Owners Club
Door leaks

Dont know if this will help but I had a leak that was caused be a poor seal where the front cap meets the body on the vertical seam above the door.
My MH is a Tradewinds 7371 with the door beside the passenger seat.
Good luck.
Vern
vc390 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 04:59 PM   #4

National RV Owners Club
Hi there i just had my 7372 pressurized and tested for leaks. It was found that my door handle plate was leaking as well, I was told to remove it and reseal it. They also found a leak in the awning mount and all four corners near the drip spouts where the cap meets the side wall.
Old 01-28-2012, 02:09 PM   #5

National RV Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I'm wondering how much that cost.I had a TT smoked about 8 y/a and I think it was about $75.I did have a water leak in the roof,but the test showed us where it was exactly and that wasn't even close to where we thot it was..
bigdog is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
door, leaks, water