Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > National RV Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-07-2014, 03:15 PM   #15

National RV Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Frankie....good news.....correction.....disregard my last post.

The yellow wire with the clip on the end is the ground for the control board and should be attached to the ground on the frame at the top of the heater opening, just above the Fan housing, or depending on your model, it may connect to the ground lug on the time delay relay. in any case, it connects to ground. Without that the circuit board does not work. Here is a manual with wiring diagrams. See pages 10 and 12. Rook

hflamefurn04.pdf.

98 National Tradewinds 7370, powered by a 3126B 300HP CAT Turbo, Freightliner XC chassis
Rook is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-09-2014, 03:23 PM   #16

National RV Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Frankie.....we are all invested in your problem and waiting to hear if you have heat......
Rook

98 National Tradewinds 7370, powered by a 3126B 300HP CAT Turbo, Freightliner XC chassis
Rook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2014, 03:37 PM   #17

National RV Owners Club
This is why I prefer this forum over others, people actually help. I bet he's on the road enjoying that nice heat from his repaired furnace.
sgtjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2014, 01:42 PM   #18

thanks to rook and everyone that helped. yea I got heat. I finally found where the
yellow wire clips on. without the yellow wire no heat just the motor on. again thanks
to everyone.

one other problem I am having is my powergear jacks down light and buzzer will not
shut off even though my jacks are all the way up? I had to listen to the alarm and
watch the blinking red light all the way home. anyone else every have this problem?

I am thinking about just taking out the fuse or disconnecting the wire to the alarm?

I always look at my jacks and make sure they are all the up before I move my coach.
so I really feel that stupid alarm and blinking red light are not really necessary.

anyone else have a good solution to that annoying alarm and red blinking light???

it is very annoying and frustrating when it will not shut off. thanks for any help.

Frankie
mr. seaview is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2014, 01:49 PM   #19

National RV Owners Club
Depending on the maker of the jack system they either have a switch on the
jacks that opens the switch when the jack is up or they use a sensor in the jack
fluid tank to sense when the fluid is at a level indicating the jacks are up.
Check the fluid level with the jacks full up and check the connections at the
tank.
wb7auk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2014, 05:37 PM   #20

National RV Owners Club
The alarm system will stay on if you're low on fluid in the tank. If its power gear you can use ATF to fill it.
Old 11-10-2014, 06:30 PM   #21

thanks joe

I will check my fluid again. I just changed the fluid about 3 months ago. I really did not need to change it as it looked very clean. only reason I changed is because I never changed it and I have had the motorhome for about 5 years now. anyway I
never had a problem unitil I changed the fluid? should have left it alone. anyway I
did notice that one of my front jacks seems to be leaking fluid? probably a seal?
anyway I will check the fluid level again and see if it needs fluid? have read a lot of
posts on this forum where lots of folks have had their share of problems with the
power gear leveling jacks. I will probably just live with the leaking jack as it seems
to be a pretty small leak. if it gets worse I will then address it. that darn alarm is
very annoying and completely unnecessary as far as I am concerned. will probably
try to disconnect it or remove the fuse so it will be inoperable. thanks again.
Frankie
mr. seaview is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2014, 07:07 PM   #22

National RV Owners Club
Make sure your jacks are completely up before adding fluid. Also, if you have never cleaned your jacks, you might try extending them and spraying them with a Brake cleaner from Walmart, wiping them down real good and then spraying them with a dry lubricant. I did this and the one jack that was leaking stopped.
Old 11-19-2014, 04:07 PM   #23

Great info! I ordered motors for both of my Atwood furnaces. I've missed being able to view all the great information people have to offer. Heading to Roper Lake near Safford, Arizona for Thanksgiving.
bhoward is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fan, furnace