RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > National RV Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 05-18-2017, 06:45 AM   #1
mrk

Fuse Panel without ID References

Yesterday I was searching for fuses for a couple of non-functioning circuits, and I found this small fuse panel behind the map-holder to the left of the driver's seat. The switches for Exhaust Brake, Fog Lights, Engine Block Heater, etc. are above this.

Two of the fuses were blown: the green 30 amp fuse (upper left) and the blue 15 amp fuse between the two circuit breakers in the upper row. I tried to replace the 30 amp fuse, but it blew immediately upon connection. I didn't try to replace the 15 amp fuse yet.

Might anyone know what circuits are protected by this panel? I'll need to look for a short circuit, but it's always good to have some idea where to look.

Some of my "non-functioning" circuits are: Driver's seat, Porch light, and stair-well cover. If these fuses aren't for any of these, can you point me in the right direction to find these fuses?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20170517_120206.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	249.9 KB
ID:	162186   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20170517_120342.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	262.3 KB
ID:	162187  

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-22-2017, 07:17 AM   #2
mrk

SUCCESS! I've finally gotten this worked out. The green, 30-amp fuse is for the power drivers seat. I wiggled wires around the seat, but I didn't find anything loose. It must have done something though because the short circuit is now gone, perhaps only temporarily. I'll keep an eye on it, now that I know where the fuse is.

Further testing of the blue 15-amp fuse circuit showed that there was no lingering short circuit, implying that the fuse had blown protecting its circuit. I replaced that fuse and discovered that it powered the sliding stair well cover and the "Light" switch on the panel of switches beside the entry.

As for the porch light, all it needed was a new bulb.

I hope locating this hidden fuse panel and identifying a couple of circuits will help somebody else down he road. I suspect that other circuits controlled by the entry way switch panel are fused here, but in the 100 degree heat, I didn't feel like pulling other fuses to try to see exactly what they protect.

Old 06-22-2017, 10:57 AM   #3

I guess National wasn't very good a labeling fuses. I've found 3-4 fuse panels and nothing is labeled. Even the main 12 VDC panel in not labeled. You just have to pull the fuse and see what stops working.
hohenwald48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2017, 02:16 PM   #4

I am having similar problems. I dont have power to my vacuum pump to operate my HVAC louvers. No labels either on this panel. A red 12volt ACC switched supply has no voltage and is in a wiring harness that runs in the direct from the firewall towards this fuse panel. Have yet to fully trace it.

My yellow wire in your photo 15 amp fuse blows when I try another fuse. I heard a faint beep right before it happened. milliseconds elapsed. It looks like the yellow wire and the blue wire both 15 amp run together. Don't know where too. Nothing seems amiss at this point.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1999 3730 Fuse Panel Drivers side.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	59.5 KB
ID:	167778  
Old 07-08-2017, 11:02 PM   #5
mrk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avian View Post
I am having similar problems. I dont have power to my vacuum pump to operate my HVAC louvers. No labels either on this panel. A red 12volt ACC switched supply has no voltage and is in a wiring harness that runs in the direct from the firewall towards this fuse panel. Have yet to fully trace it.

My yellow wire in your photo 15 amp fuse blows when I try another fuse. I heard a faint beep right before it happened. milliseconds elapsed. It looks like the yellow wire and the blue wire both 15 amp run together. Don't know where too. Nothing seems amiss at this point.
It's curious that my blue wire is protected by a relay rather than a fuse. Perhaps a prior owner got tired of replacing fuses. I don't know where either of these circuits go.
Your second from the right fuse has no wire to it. That's my fuse to the stair well cover and an under cabinet light that is switched from the panel be the entry. Does the 7370 have a stair well cover? If not, that may explain the lack of a wire on that fuse.
I haven't traced or otherwise identified any of the other circuits in this box, so I don't know if any of them go to the vacuum pump. You mentioned that a red wire at the pump enters a loom that comes out at this box, so maybe it's the wire to the upper right circuit breaker or the second wire from the left side. Good luck, and let us know how it goes.
Old 07-10-2017, 08:11 AM   #6

I dont have a stairwell cover. I wil check that first position red wire and see if thats it. Fun to work out these little troubleshooting trials and errors with someone. Thanks.
Eric

Tags
fuse, panel