Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > National RV Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-05-2015, 10:38 PM   #15

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
What is drinking water freshener?
Arch Hoagland is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-05-2015, 11:04 PM   #16

National RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by legryz View Post
Another picture of the water tank access and the plug. I had to cut the cover off because the bed frame was over part of the edge also looks like the hole needs to be enlarged to really have good access to the plug.
Wish I had that in my Dolphin it has 90 gal fresh water capicity with two tanks side by side. When I drain my tanks it takes a while to refill. Fresh water goes to one tank then flows to the other tank by a small line between the two. The small line takes a while to equalize from one to the other.
Attached Images

1999 35 ft. Dolphin 5350, F53, Banks System, 5 Stars Tune, Air Lift Air Bags, Koni Shocks, Blue OX TruCenter, TigerTrak track bars F&R, Roadmaster 1-3/4" rear auxiliary sway bar, 2004 F450 Lariat Pickup 6.0 Diesel Crew Cab DRW, 4X4, GVWR 15,000, Front GAWR 6,000, Rear GAWR 11,000, GCWR 26,000,1994 36ft Avion 5er, GVWR 13,700, 2,740 Pin Weight.
chboone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2015, 11:10 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arch Hoagland View Post
What is drinking water freshener?
It keeps algae from growing in your system.

Amazon.com: Camco 40208 TastePURE Marine Drinking Water Freshener: Automotive
rgand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2015, 11:13 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by chboone View Post
Wish I had that in my Dolphin it has 90 gal fresh water capicity with two tanks side by side. When I drain my tanks it takes a while to refill. Fresh water goes to one tank then flows to the other tank by a small line between the two. The small line takes a while to equalize from one to the other.
I wonder if I have two tanks in mine, too. I filled it the other day and the indicator only showed 2/3. It has 80 gal capacity.
Old 10-06-2015, 11:12 PM   #19

National RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by rgand View Post
I wonder if I have two tanks in mine, too. I filled it the other day and the indicator only showed 2/3. It has 80 gal capacity.
Possible, wait for five or ten minutes and try filling the tank more. I usually need to do that three or four time to completely fill both tanks. Took me a few times to figure out why my tanks never showed full until I stated doing that.
1999 35 ft. Dolphin 5350, F53, Banks System, 5 Stars Tune, Air Lift Air Bags, Koni Shocks, Blue OX TruCenter, TigerTrak track bars F&R, Roadmaster 1-3/4" rear auxiliary sway bar, 2004 F450 Lariat Pickup 6.0 Diesel Crew Cab DRW, 4X4, GVWR 15,000, Front GAWR 6,000, Rear GAWR 11,000, GCWR 26,000,1994 36ft Avion 5er, GVWR 13,700, 2,740 Pin Weight.
chboone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2015, 08:58 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by chboone View Post
Possible, wait for five or ten minutes and try filling the tank more. I usually need to do that three or four time to completely fill both tanks. Took me a few times to figure out why my tanks never showed full until I stated doing that.
After reading your other post, I did just that and was able to get the full indicator to light up. I also ran the last couple times with the water going in at a slower rate. I'm not sure if I have two tanks or just need to get air out of the system. Regardless of why, it does the trick. Thanks for bringing this to my attention.
Old 10-09-2015, 04:53 PM   #21

National RV Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I just remove my inline filter from the hose and run regular city water from the house which has chlorine in it into the on board water tank. No need to add anything else. Let it slosh around a bit and then drain it. If it's gonna be awhile before I'm using the MH or in summer, I leave it in till it's used. I try to keep 10-15 gallons in the tank when traveling to use. The one time I ran with a dry tank, we had a small fire on the road and the foam insulation needed water to cool down which I didn't have, so had to use 409,windex,etc and they worked.
We live in Silverdale Wa, home of the best water in the US. Tested and proved.
bigdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2015, 05:00 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdog View Post
I just remove my inline filter from the hose and run regular city water from the house which has chlorine in it into the on board water tank. No need to add anything else. Let it slosh around a bit and then drain it. If it's gonna be awhile before I'm using the MH or in summer, I leave it in till it's used. I try to keep 10-15 gallons in the tank when traveling to use. The one time I ran with a dry tank, we had a small fire on the road and the foam insulation needed water to cool down which I didn't have, so had to use 409,windex,etc and they worked.
We live in Silverdale Wa, home of the best water in the US. Tested and proved.
Thanks for your input.
Old 10-09-2015, 05:25 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgand View Post
I have an 2003 Dolphin 6342 and can't figure out how to get drinking water freshener into the holding tank. My Winnebago had a gravity water fill hatch on the passenger side. I can't find anything like that on this RV.

I tried to get it in through the winterization inlet but couldn't figure that out either. The instructions next to the valves don't get the job done. It says to turn the left valve horizontal and the right one vertical then turn the pump on. OK, it wouldn't draw anything in from the container I had. Yes, I had a hose down in the container but the pump wouldn't run. The pump does work to run sinks or use the potty but not that inlet.

Anyone have the answer for this?

Thanks, Robert
Did you go in and have someone turn on a faucet? The pressure sensor is on the output of the pump. The inlet you are using is on the inlet side of the pump. The pressure sensor needs low pressure to turn on the pump. ;-) You will need the same trick to winterize.
nothermark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2015, 06:12 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by nothermark View Post
Did you go in and have someone turn on a faucet? The pressure sensor is on the output of the pump. The inlet you are using is on the inlet side of the pump. The pressure sensor needs low pressure to turn on the pump. ;-) You will need the same trick to winterize.
Thanks for the input. Chboone's post explains how to make it work from the input panel. I tried that and it did the trick.

Tags
dolphin, water