RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > National RV Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 01-31-2009, 06:15 PM   #1

Hi everyone, could someone tell me what car or truck my headlights are from i need to replace them both.make and model would be great, my motorhome is a 2000 national rv

jt's family time is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-31-2009, 07:20 PM   #2

National RV Owners Club
What model National rv do you have? If its a Dolphin the headlights are standad seal beam dual element (hi-lo) bulbs. That is if there is one light on each side of the vehicle. If there are two lights on each side then the outer light is low beam & the inside light is high beam. There is a bulb # on the back side of the light when you remove it from the housing.

Belgian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 01:27 AM   #3

I have a 99 Tradewinds with high/low beams on each side. My OE was open reflectors with a plug in bulb. They got water in them causing fuses to blow on, mainly on the vaccumn pump. I know, strange. I removed all of them a bought sealed beams from WalMart. Can't remember the number right now but the sealed beam is the same number of the bulb in the old lights. They fit just fine.
Old 02-01-2009, 03:18 AM   #4

[QUOTE]Originally posted by jt's family time:
Hi everyone, could someone tell me what car or truck my headlights are from i need to replace them both.make and model would be great, my motorhome is a 2000 national rv. Seaview is the model. Also... It is the whole asembly I want to replace. And the rear tail light lens. Thank you much.
jt's family time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 05:07 AM   #5

National RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
On the lens you should find the manufactures part number, GM or Ford then you can do a search on the internet. Many after market manufactures out there.
Good Luck
Richard S. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 09:13 AM   #6

Hi, I have a 2000 seaview, and the headlights are from Ford Pickups, mid-ninetes up thru 1996. On the pickups, the amber "parking" light portion is directly below the headlights; on the seaview, they are separated by a body molding.
Old 04-20-2009, 09:41 PM   #7

hi, I have a 2001 tradewinds LTC. It has the four headlights with replaceable halogen bulbs. The lights have "AUTOPAL' on the lower portion of the lense. These lights are from "AUTOLITE OF INDIA'. lense, assemblies and rubber cup seals on the rear of the lenses are obtainable from guptarishi@msn.com present cost for the rubber seals is $2.00usd.
snoopy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 10:32 PM   #8

Headlights

Have a 2000 Surf Side, found that my headlights are from a Chevy P/U, but headlight types are different from model to model, you will have to look at the number on the assembly and check with a Chevy dealer for the correct match. I was going to replace both my headlight assemblies due to yellowing & oxidation but a friend of mine told me about headlight restoration, ended up costing me less than $100 and they are like new.
Hope thius helps.

Bitafun2 is offline   Reply With Quote