RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > National RV Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 12-15-2009, 11:33 PM   #1

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Question Headlight adjustment and cruise control

Our '08 Dolphin has been such a pleasure! We bought it new knowing the company had closed their doors and never have regretted our decision.
Two small problems. How do you adjust the headlights? I rarely drive after dark but on dim the headlights aren't high enough to see any distance at all and when I put them on high beam they seem to be where they should be on dim. No one flashes high beams at me either.

Our other problem is that the cruise control burns fuses and it gets to be such a hassle I just do without it.

Any solution to either problem?

Thanks for your help.

tatcha n reddog is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-16-2009, 10:18 AM   #2

National RV Owners Club
Sorry I can't help with the cruise control, but I did use the attached procedure to adjust the lights on my 99 Tradewinds and it really helped. In the process I found the mounting brackets for the lights had slipped out of the adjusting screws. They weren't broken but I did have to reset them to get the proper movemrnt.

Dick
Attached Files
File Type: pdf HID-VISUAL-HEADLIGHT-AIMING-PROCEDURE.pdf (32.7 KB, 182 views)

Old 01-02-2010, 04:25 PM   #3
JVJ

Gotta question for ya on the cruise control issue. If this was purchased new after the doors to National RV closed. OR depending when the coach was first purchased as a new retail sale unit...shouldn't the cruise control still be covered under the Freightliner chassis warranty? I believe that warranty is for 2 years or 50,000 miles.
Or maybe I am mistaken. But, it maybe worth a call to Freightliner to find out.
JVJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 05:49 PM   #4

National RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
It is a Workhorse chassis, they should cover the cruise control problem. The head lights were a NRV installed item.
Richard S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 05:15 PM   #5

Headlights will be some adopted car or truck units. I don't know what NRV used on the '08 Dolphin. My '05 has GM Chevy Tahoe/pickup units. Knowing that, I asked my GM dealer tech where the aim screws were and got the info.