Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > National RV Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-14-2015, 07:26 PM   #1

Hello all,need help

hello guys,me and my wife are new to the class a rving.we just got a really nice used 2000 national sea view motorhome.the manuals are missing how ever.any help on getting any or will to pay to have copied.really would like the elect.layout plan.any help would be great.again thanks for you help.roger and pamela
campmaster59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-14-2015, 07:35 PM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis

Try looking online at the various manufactures web sites. As for the motor homes actual manual, you might find that online also.
denlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2015, 07:41 PM   #3
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner

Good luck with your search.
See My Pace Arrow Upgrades
JohnRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2015, 07:41 PM   #4

Hello and welcome to the forum Roger and Pamela. Good to have you here. Sorry I can't help with any manuals but some good advise from denlock. Safe travels and be safe.
rskrbina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2015, 04:42 AM   #5

Country Coach Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Welcome, glad to meet you!
FMCA #F431170, GS #822128658, Escapees SKP #112655
2012 Airstream Mercedes Interstate Class B
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Medico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2015, 03:04 PM   #6

National RV Owners Club
I scanned most all the documents that came with my 99 Tradewinds and put them here https://onedrive.live.com/?cid=AE67F...2766057%212101
Mine is a Cat engine on a Freightliner Chassis so those doc's won't be of much use. National used a lot of the same OEM equipment across models so those documents will be some of what your looking for.

Welcome
Dick
Old 04-15-2015, 10:53 PM   #7

National RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Go to this link and search for what your looking for. The owners manuals are very generic any manual from that era will be basically the same for any gas powered National RV.

http://www.irv2.com/forums/f105/nati...ers-55152.html

You can try posting on the National RV Forum on Yahoo Groups, have to join first. Also check the files section there for manuals.

https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/NationalRV/info
1999 35 ft. Dolphin 5350, F53, Banks System, 5 Stars Tune, Air Lift Air Bags, Koni Shocks, Blue OX TruCenter, TigerTrak track bars F&R, Roadmaster 1-3/4" rear auxiliary sway bar, 2004 F450 Lariat Pickup 6.0 Diesel Crew Cab DRW, 4X4, GVWR 15,000, Front GAWR 6,000, Rear GAWR 11,000, GCWR 26,000,1994 36ft Avion 5er, GVWR 13,700, 2,740 Pin Weight.
chboone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2015, 11:16 AM   #8

Tiffin Owners Club
Hello and welcome Campmaster59,

Great purchase. My wife and I purchased our 2000 SeaView 8341 a few years ago and are still lovin' it. I asked for the same thing after the purchase, thinking there would be a neat and tidy manual for everything on-board the rig. Wrong! For your documentation needs, the internet and this forum will be your best bets.

Many of the items you have on-board are generic RV parts, purchased from RV parts people and installed by National. You can get manuals online for all your appliances, generator, mirrors, roof vents, awnings, air conditioners, etc. Look in your hallway storage cabinet for a National stick-on label (8-1/2 x 11") that lists your equipment, brand and model numbers. If you don't have the National list, create your own list of model numbers for all those items. Print out any manuals that you find and start a binder for your rig. I will attach a copy of mine .... but I'm not sure what model and options you have.

Some items are a bit harder to find info on because they may be built in. I've received help on manuals for hydraulic jacks, slide-out mechanisms, etc from this forum. The Ford chassis manual isn't very helpful. Any engine stuff is generic Ford .... and the suspension stuff you want will be best found on this forum.

Chboone gave you a great link for the National documents. Print off all the electrical schematics, both the 110V stuff and particularly the 12V stuff. The 12V distribution board is the heart of your electrical system. It shows all your 12V circuits and the solenoids that connect/disconnect your battery banks. It also has your converter (and possibly inverter) tie-ins to the system. It shows the "secret" location for some 12V circuit breakers for high-draw subsystems.

Many of your (upcoming) problems will likely come from your 15 year-old 12V electrical systems .... get familiar with it! Your battery condition will affect the way many 12V systems operate and will frustrate the heck out of you troubleshooting problems. My best suggestion for you now .... put in new house batteries and a new 120V-to-12V converter to make sure they charge appropriately. Probably $300-400 well spent to make your life better.

Don't worry about accumulating everything at once....just keep collecting it as you go and build up your docs binder. And keep asking for specific help here.

regards,
Karl
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	National components list.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	228.4 KB
ID:	91920  
2013 Fiat 500C Toad
Karlos is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
need help