RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > National RV Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 03-22-2017, 06:54 PM   #1

How to operate levelling jacks

I have a 2007 Surfside 32C with automatic electric powered Powergear leveling jacks.

I'm in a situation where I want the front jacks fully extended and the rear jacks fully retracted. I don't seem to be able to accomplish that. Can anybody tell me how?

The system auto levels just fine.

hohenwald48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-22-2017, 07:50 PM   #2

Here's the manual https://www.lci1.com/assets/content/...g_82_L0356.pdf

LJowdy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 07:15 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJowdy View Post
Thanks. That manual is for the Powergear manual hydraulic levelling system. As I stated, I have the Powergear automatic electric levelling system. I have the proper manual for my system but it is unclear on how to do what I need to do. I was hoping to hear from someone with experience with my particular system type.
Old 03-24-2017, 11:24 AM   #4

I have the electric jacks on mine and the only way to do what you want is to unplug the rear at the control and then use the manual button on on the panel to run the fronts down. I say that you need to unplug the rears because if you don't when you push the manual button all jacks go down to the ground and then there is no way to get the rears all the way up. Don't know how much this will help but that is how my system works. Alvin
onecb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2017, 07:13 PM   #5

Thanks Alvin. I was afraid that was the case. That may be what I have to do. My drive is very steep and I want to raise the front as much as possible to get it more near level. With the rear jacks going down to the ground I'm afraid to raise the front too much as it unloads the rear wheels and I need them on the ground to keep from heading down hill.
Old 03-24-2017, 07:33 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by hohenwald48 View Post
Thanks Alvin. I was afraid that was the case. That may be what I have to do. My drive is very steep and I want to raise the front as much as possible to get it more near level. With the rear jacks going down to the ground I'm afraid to raise the front too much as it unloads the rear wheels and I need them on the ground to keep from heading down hill.
Then I would make ramps out of 2x12s and not have the front wheels hanging in the air. Those ramps will get heavy when they get that big but it will be stable.
Old 03-25-2017, 07:17 AM   #7

You're way better off using ramps instead of just the jacks.. As far as heavy goes, at my former house I had 2 sets of 5' wide curb jumpers so I could back my coach into an area along side my home. They weighed a bunch once they were built. I bought a hand truck dolly from Harbor Freight and moved them with the dolly. When they weren't being used, they stayed on the dolly. My new home has a motorhome garage and a straight shot right back to the garage so no curb jumpers needed.
LJowdy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2017, 08:20 AM   #8

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Go easy on your leveling maneuvers.....you could pop your windshield.
Old 03-25-2017, 10:14 AM   #9

National RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
This may be what you're looking for. Press and hold the MAN. button until it LED is lit, you will be in the manual mode. 3. Choose the function of manually leveling (MAN button) or automatically leveling (AUTO button) the coach by selecting the corresponding button.  Press the AUTO button and it will dump the air (if using the 4 pin AUX connector on the control box, and it is programmed accordingly) and the system will level the coach to the calibrated point stored in the control box.  Press and hold the MAN button for 5 seconds until the LED is lit under the button and it will dump the air (if using the 4 pin AUX connector on the control box, and it is programmed accordingly). Use the 4 directional buttons to extend the jacks. Pressing right button will operate the right rear jack; pressing left button will operate the left rear jack. Pressing the front button will operate both front jacks. Pressing the rear button will operate both rear jacks.  The touch pad communicates with the control box to energize the leg valve(s) to extend the jack(s) and level the coach. Here's the manual for your system (I think). http://www.lci1.com/assets/content/s...g_82_L0506.pdf
legryz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2017, 07:14 PM   #10

Actually, as stated in my first post, I have the Powergear electric jacks on a 2007 Surfside which is a gas motorhome. As far as I know, on the electric units the jacks always act in pairs.
Old 03-25-2017, 07:30 PM   #11

National RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
How to operate levelling jacks

This is for a gas MH, the dump air comment is for systems mounted on MH with airbag suspension. You need to hold the manual button in until the led goes on and then you can operate the jacks manually. Front jack work together, rear jacks can be operated individually or together.
The link at the bottom of my post is for the Power Gear automatic leaving system. I have the same system on my 08 Dolphin and I have used it in the manual mode many times.
Old 03-26-2017, 07:52 AM   #12

When I enter manual mode, the first thing that happens is all jacks move down and make firm contact with the ground. I'm trying to figure a way to prevent the rear jacks from deploying. It looks like that may not be possible.

My jacks are electric and when looking at the manual you posted it sure looks like a hydraulic system description.

Thanks
Old 03-26-2017, 08:19 AM   #13

National RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I am so sorry, I read your post a couple of time and didn't catch the electric part even though it posted right there. Yes you are right, what I posted is a hydraulic system.
Old 03-26-2017, 07:30 PM   #14

No problem. Thanks for trying to help.

Tags
jacks