Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > National RV Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-12-2013, 04:58 PM   #1

National RV Owners Club
Installed Zvox V220

I recently saw where Bose came out with a one piece surround sound system that looked like it would fit in the space left when I replaced the old TV with flat screen. When I was reviewing it, many of the online reviews were talking about the Zvox V220 having as good or better sound, and since it was only $199 compared to Bose at $399, and Zvox would work with TV/Dish volume control whereas Bose required its own remote, I decided to get the Zvox. What a difference in sound quality from TV! I don't know how they do it, but it actually throws sounds to where it seems to be coming behind me! Although base is not as good as my system at home with stand alone woofer, still it makes watching movies much, much better. I've used it on 3 successive weekends now, and highly recommend it.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-4238356945.jpg
Views:	120
Size:	433.6 KB
ID:	31847
First I had to cut my vertical brace, added horizontal brace

Name:	image-3845222281.jpg
Views:	120
Size:	430.8 KB
ID:	31848
Fits nicely!

Name:	image-2625954886.jpg
Views:	124
Size:	501.0 KB
ID:	31849

From a distance

Name:	image-2073307524.jpg
Views:	122
Size:	426.3 KB
ID:	31850

Up close
La.Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-13-2013, 12:41 PM   #2

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Send a message via ICQ to Fred and Bonnie
Interesting, quite a difference from the "Sound Bars" most mfg. are pushing.

fred
Fred and Bonnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 09:20 AM   #3

I replaced my 32'' for a 42'' smart TV in a Pacifica 40c and have been looking @ sound bars with out spending more on one then the cost of the TV. After reading your post I went down to best buy and pick 1 up. Thanks for your post.
RDAYZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 05:07 AM   #4

National RV Owners Club
RDAYZ, hope you like it as much as I do. Be sure and post your impression of the unit, as I know a lot of people who have replaced their TV's with flat screens have voiced interest in doing something to improve sound with the left over space.
La.Paul is offline   Reply With Quote