RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > National RV Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 09-26-2013, 12:29 PM   #1

Installing flat panel tv in rear bedroom

I want to install a flat panel 39 inch tv in my rear bedroom. wanted to
mount it to the wall. problem is the wall will not support the tv and the installation department said they will not install it as there is not enough
support in the wall.

my question is has anyone installed a tv using a floor mount stand?
that is what the installation department recommended so the tv would
have strong enough support.

my question is I am trying to find a floor mount that I can screw to the
floor. I see a bunch of ceiling mounts on amazon. I would really not
mount it to the ceiling. I would prefer to mount it to the floor.
my question is can I use one of these ceiling mounts and turn it upside
down and secure it to the floor in my motorhome?

has anyone done this? I cannot seem to find a floor mounted tv stand
for the motorhome. does anyone know if they make a floor mounted
stand? the installer at Best Buy suggested I make a stand out of
steel pipe?

I am not real handy and would prefer to purchase a stand that is already made for my application. any suggestions or ideas on where I can purchase a stand that I can mount to the floor? thanks for any comments
and help.

mr. seaview is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-26-2013, 02:20 PM   #2

Just some suggestions that might work, Do not know of any "off-the-shelf" floor mounts but I have a couple of suggestions, albeit you might need somone with handyman skills to pull this off.

If there room to mount plywood connecting to the MH wall struts, or make the plywood go from the floor or some horizontal support base, to the ceiling thus most of the weight would be transferred to the floor/base or the MH frame. Good secure connections are essential. Right angle brackets could also be used if there is an adjoining wall that could be used.

One would need to finish the plywood so it did not look out of place. You could then secure the TV to the plywood. A metal plate such as aluminium could also be used but it would need to be dressed up a bit also.

In essence there must be a way to anchor the plywood to the wall for this to work. Just a thought. Hope this helps but some handyman skills are required to do a good job on this.

Consider the "G" force that would be applied when the MH moves when engineering a solution, It will be much greater than the weight of the TV.

Good luck,

Libero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 07:30 PM   #3

National RV Owners Club
Sanus Wall-Mounted TV Floor Stand For 32-56 Flat Panels FS56-B1 | MonsterMarketplace.com
greggholmes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 01:45 PM   #4

National RV Owners Club
Where is the original TV mounted? In a Corner?
sgtjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 02:05 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr. seaview View Post
I want to install a flat panel 39 inch tv in my rear bedroom. wanted to
mount it to the wall. problem is the wall will not support the tv and the installation department said they will not install it as there is not enough
support in the wall.

my question is has anyone installed a tv using a floor mount stand?
that is what the installation department recommended so the tv would
have strong enough support.

my question is I am trying to find a floor mount that I can screw to the
floor. I see a bunch of ceiling mounts on amazon. I would really not
mount it to the ceiling. I would prefer to mount it to the floor.
my question is can I use one of these ceiling mounts and turn it upside
down and secure it to the floor in my motorhome?

has anyone done this? I cannot seem to find a floor mounted tv stand
for the motorhome. does anyone know if they make a floor mounted
stand? the installer at Best Buy suggested I make a stand out of
steel pipe?

I am not real handy and would prefer to purchase a stand that is already made for my application. any suggestions or ideas on where I can purchase a stand that I can mount to the floor? thanks for any comments
and help.
This may be more that you want to do but if you have room against a wall you can install a TV Lift. I removed the old TV Head banger in the front of my coach and built a small cabinet that is about 12" deep. The cabinet has a hinged top and when you push on the remote the TV raises up from in side the cabinet. Here is a thread link covering the TV lift. the finished results on mine start at post # 75. The head-banger is finally GONE! You would not need the little desk extension that I have and yours could be just a cabinet to hold the TV and lift. There are other pictures and details in earlier post on my project and those of others as well. The TV lift can be purchased at TV Lift from only $780 - Linear Actuators, Linear Motors, TV Lift, Electric Motors
adonh is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
install