Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > National RV Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-21-2010, 05:09 PM   #1

Inverter install HELP

We have a 95 535 dolphin and I want to install an inverter so that the back tv and the front can be watched without the generator being on while driving. I noticed a white ac cord plugged into the receptical for the tv/vcr then goes down behind instrument panel to a relay. Don't have a clue what this is for. Does anybody have a schematic for inverter install??
Thanks
amos1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-21-2010, 05:20 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
I don't have a schematic, but the relay is to turn off the outlet when the ignition is on as it is against the law in some states to have a tv visible by the driver while in motion. I installed a inverter and 32" LCD in my MH and removed the relay.

texnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2010, 06:16 PM   #3

That makes sense. Thanks. Someone must have removed the rest of the wires to the relay because all that is left is the ac wires and a ground wire.
Is your tv just tied to the inverter or is it wired into your ac system?
amos1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010, 07:26 AM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
I installed a Xantrex Prosine 1800 in an outside compartment next to the coach battery compartement. I then ran the remote panel inside to the dash and ran 120vac In/Out wiring to the main A/C distribution point under our bed. I installed a 2nd A/C circuit breaker panel next to the original one, moved the breakers and wiring for the outlets that i wanted to use on the inverter to the new circuit breaker panel. This gives us the ability to power the outlets off of shore power or the inverter. It was a lot of work but I am very happy with the end results!

texnet is offline   Reply With Quote