Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > National RV Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-08-2016, 05:27 PM   #1

National RV Owners Club
issue with turn signal/cruise control

I will try to keep this on point...Left home and everything was working fine...stopped at a rest area, turned the MH off, came back and started up again...about a mile down the road noticed the cruise control would not engage...pulled to the side of road and turned on the flashers...alas flashers not working...checked outside stop lights...none...So got out the workhorse chassis book and found two fuse blocks...one in the MH in dash, and one under hood. the fuse for the stop and flashers was on the outside block. changed it and the one for the cruise control and took off...both now work....
HOWEVER...when I turn on the turn signal the cruise now kicks off...and that is my dilemma...any suggestions??

2005 Dolphin
Gdlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-08-2016, 07:18 PM   #2

National RV Owners Club
I had that happen as well. I was driving in heavy rain. Two problems occurred at the
same time. I couldn't turn off the wipers and whenever I put the turn signal lights on the cruise would dis-engage. After a search on the internet, others had found the problem was moisture had got into the wiper motor connector. I later un-pluged the connector, dried it, applied dielectric grease, re-connected then taped up the connector with electricians tape, then located the connector higher up to a drier location in the engine bay. Neither of these problems occurred again, this was 3 + years ago.
GREGORYJ is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cruise control