Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > National RV Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-05-2012, 09:07 PM   #15

National RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I concur with the other posters about just using some force at the end when the drawer stops. I had to pull our bottom drawer out when a utensil from the middle drawer fell behind and would not allow the bottom drawer to close. My current problem is that the lock/latch on the bottom drawer is bent and no longer holds the drawer in.

Time to go to home improvement store to find a replacement locking mechanism. The problem that I find with the locking mechanisms is that it's really easy to knock them out of place or bend them when putting drawers back in.
2Labs is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-03-2013, 08:36 PM   #16

So I've read every thread on this site about kitchen drawer removal. I feel like a 2 year old with a rubics cube in my hand. The rear support on our top kithen utensil drawer broke so the drawer would sag when closed. I looked, I pulled, I shimmied and to no avail. Not able to pull out the drawer. I pulled so hard that all of the cross braces broke out. I now have the drawer on my bench upside down and seriously, I do not know how these slides come apart. I went to the accuride websight and they don't show any slides like these on their website. I tried to pry them apart with a screw driver and it only looks like I will break the slides. Somebody enlighten me here...... please!!!!!!!! Oh yeah, 02 sea breeze 8311.
Old 01-03-2013, 10:00 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zogman View Post
So I've read every thread on this site about kitchen drawer removal. I feel like a 2 year old with a rubics cube in my hand. The rear support on our top kithen utensil drawer broke so the drawer would sag when closed. I looked, I pulled, I shimmied and to no avail. Not able to pull out the drawer. I pulled so hard that all of the cross braces broke out. I now have the drawer on my bench upside down and seriously, I do not know how these slides come apart. I went to the accuride websight and they don't show any slides like these on their website. I tried to pry them apart with a screw driver and it only looks like I will break the slides. Somebody enlighten me here...... please!!!!!!!! Oh yeah, 02 sea breeze 8311.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3839650767.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	421.1 KB
ID:	31381

Notice dark plastic finger pointing to the left near middle of picture. There is also one on track on other side of drawer. Need to press this one down and other one up and pull out drawer the rest of the way. These are latches on our full extension drawers. Sometimes the fingers will get broken off and it's a little harder. You have to finesse the latch into position. If you just pull hard you will break things.
firedoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 10:11 PM   #18

Thanks Terry but no cigar. My rails are on the bottom of the drawer and do not have any release handles. I've been taking drawers out for 35 years, this is a different animal. Thanks anyways
Old 01-05-2013, 12:14 AM   #19

National RV Owners Club
Drawer latches

I have had the same problem with mine.
I have a 1997 Dolphin with the same drawers.
Just grip both sides of the drawer and don't be afraid to pull real hard.
If some of the little plastic latches break you should be able to buy some at a RV store.
I did.
Just a thought.
P.S. Mine run in and out on a single rail.
Walter5555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 10:21 AM   #20

I brought one of the rails into a local RV store yesterday and they are under the same understanding as I am, these rails do not separate. They are going to try to find replacement rails for me but are not hopeful. The one's on my coach have 2 welded flanges on them. I might call accuride to see what they think. I was on their site the other day and they do build a rail that does not come apart. Why I do not know. So right now I am S.O.L. Thanks for your suggestions