RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > National RV Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 12-02-2015, 06:38 PM   #1

Latch on storage bin broke

Actually, it didn't break. I broke it. I had the storage bin that's under the bedroom slide on my 2002 Sea Breeze open when I tried to close the slide.

The slide went part of the way in and stalled. I checked around the bed to make sure that there was nothing on the floor and then I remember that I had not closed the storage bin.

The slide snagged the handle on the storage bin and pulled it part of the way out of its socket.

Does anyone know where to get replacement parts? And if anyone knows how to get the handle and latch taken apart, that would be helpful also.

I haven't started working on it yet. I just thought I would ask before I started trying to take things apart.

jerry8mm is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-02-2015, 06:47 PM   #2

Workhorse Chassis Owner
I think you'll find a replacement latch at this company:

TriMark Corporation - Latch, Handle, Linkage, Electronic, Hinge, Vehicle door hardware

kennersonf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2015, 06:51 PM   #3

Thanks, Fred. It looks like they will have what I need.
jerry8mm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2015, 06:22 AM   #4

Here is a link to a thread I started several years ago that prevents the slides from operating after almost doing the same thing.

Storage door vs Slide, safety cutoff switch

~ Bill
Bill WA6YBD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2015, 08:21 AM   #5

National RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill WA6YBD View Post
Here is a link to a thread I started several years ago that prevents the slides from operating after almost doing the same thing.

Storage door vs Slide, safety cutoff switch

~ Bill
My old 2002 Dolphin 5355 had magnetic switches on the compartment doors to prevent the slides from moving in or out tied to the key switch for the slides. I was under the impression that all Nationals had this safety device install. Could it have been installed by the previous owner?
legryz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2015, 09:17 AM   #6

Hi,

I am not aware of any slide cutout systems on any coaches, that is the reason I rolled my own. I'm there is/was something out there, someone with chime in ans set us straight I'm sure.

~Bill
Bill WA6YBD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2015, 10:44 AM   #7

National RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill WA6YBD View Post
Hi,

I am not aware of any slide cutout systems on any coaches, that is the reason I rolled my own. I'm there is/was something out there, someone with chime in ans set us straight I'm sure.

~Bill
Interesting, Like I said on my previous 2002 it had it. Also had a red light showing when a door was open. One time, one of the magnetic switches went bad which broke the circuit and the slide wouldn't go in. I had to figure out what to do, IIRC I jumpered the relay.
When we were looking at buying our current Dolphin, the dealer tried putting in the slides and they wouldn't go in, my wife asked if the compartment doors were open, they were, closed the doors and the slides went in. So I think this one has them also.
legryz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2015, 11:17 AM   #8

My bin doors under the slides do not open far enough to interfere with the slides.Not convenient when using the bins but no broken doors.

bldrbob is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
storage