RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > National RV Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 04-11-2012, 04:36 PM   #1

National RV Owners Club
Long Distance TV Install

A while back I got a PM from ka7suz asking about the TV install I did in my 1999 Tradewinds. ks7suz is really Art and Joann from Spokane Washington, Anyway we got to talking back and forth and turns out we have the same coach except for the salon furniture. Front entry and the same configuration in the front cabinets right down to the same boat anchor TV.
I had some Walnut and Plywood left from other projects and they agreed to buy the same Visio TV I have installed in my workshop, so we decided to try this long distance. I fabricated a frame to fit the coach and the TV, after Art sent me the dimensions of the opening. I made the frame here in Albuquerque and sent it to Spokane. Art waved his magic wand and with a few tweaks in the mounting holes did a great job of installing their new HD TV.
What a great project and you couldn't find better folks to work with than Art and Joann. This sure was a pleasant break from the dog days of February.
Here are some pictures of the final install up in Washington.

Thanks to iRV2 for giving us the ability to find each other.
Dick
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Above dash (Small).jpg
Views:	63
Size:	57.3 KB
ID:	19899   Click image for larger version

Name:	About to install new flatscreen (2) (Small).jpg
Views:	64
Size:	61.9 KB
ID:	19900  

Click image for larger version

Name:	Getting there (Small).jpg
Views:	68
Size:	58.8 KB
ID:	19901   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ready to go! (Small).jpg
Views:	64
Size:	47.6 KB
ID:	19902  

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-11-2012, 05:16 PM   #2

Forest River Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Send a message via Yahoo to The General
Joann, Art and Dick,

Looks very professional and your expertise and their installation did the perfect job.
Cheers for team efforts,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theberrys View Post
A while back I got a PM from ka7suz asking about the TV install I did in my 1999 Tradewinds. ks7suz is really Art and Joann from Spokane Washington, Anyway we got to talking back and forth and turns out we have the same coach except for the salon furniture. Front entry and the same configuration in the front cabinets right down to the same boat anchor TV.
I had some Walnut and Plywood left from other projects and they agreed to buy the same Visio TV I have installed in my workshop, so we decided to try this long distance. I fabricated a frame to fit the coach and the TV, after Art sent me the dimensions of the opening. I made the frame here in Albuquerque and sent it to Spokane. Art waved his magic wand and with a few tweaks in the mounting holes did a great job of installing their new HD TV.
What a great project and you couldn't find better folks to work with than Art and Joann. This sure was a pleasant break from the dog days of February.
Here are some pictures of the final install up in Washington.

Thanks to iRV2 for giving us the ability to find each other.
Dick

2007 Saturn Vue RedLine
The General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 05:44 PM   #3

National RV Owners Club
Note: Dick sent a nice paper template and very complete instructions. With his skilled craftsmanship and helpful instructions, we are very proud of what looks like a professional or factory install. A fete that could never have been accomplished on our own. In fact, the attempt would have probably included a divorce - LOL

JoAnn ka7suz and Art wb7auk
Spokane Valley, Washington
ka7suz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 06:47 PM   #4

National RV Owners Club
What Dick did not tell you and you can not see is the TV is totally supported and
secured by the frame only. The frame is larger than the old one and secured from
the inside. There are no screws on the viewing side of the frame and the next person will have a hard time fig out how it comes apart. Dick and I were able to work with less than 1/16 of a inch measurements and have a project that looks better than factory.
wb7auk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 06:51 PM   #5

National RV Owners Club
Nice finnishing work... looks like it could be the original.
Old 04-12-2012, 09:57 AM   #6

National RV Owners Club
Nice job folks. Too bad I don't have the same coach, I would like to have the ceiling Dick has in his MH. It is really nice.

sgtjoe is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
install