Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > National RV Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-29-2012, 06:27 AM   #15

National RV Owners Club
I've got the inlet in the cable power cable storage bay on the rear most passenger compartment. I believe that only feeds to the distribution box though, so that park cable can be routed to front or bedroom tv. I think where I need to T out of would be the output on the distribution box to the front of rear tv, that way outside tv will show whatever the dist box is selected for, antenna, or dvd player. Eventually we're getting a winegard carryout satellite antenna. We'll use it with our stick and bricks guest room direct tv receiver. That one will be just for outside tv.
Wolfpack Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-31-2012, 08:26 AM   #16

Fleetwood Owners Club
Richard S has it right. I have a 2004 Dolphin 5355 and mine was inside the plastic wire loom between the steps and the bay with the 110 receptacle. You have to open the plastic looms to find it. It will be a coax cable with a piece of electrical tape on the end. There is a telephone cable with it as well. It took me a while but I found it. The wife thought I was nuts putting a tv outside until we used it now she loves it!
Old 03-31-2012, 08:57 AM   #17

Just yesterday, I just installed a splitter on my S&B cable and ran it across my garage so I can have cable TV while working on the inside of my MH. Haven't looked for the outside coax, but will shortly. I do know that the outside cable is up by the switch box though. I have a cable tracer I can use if it's not easy to find.

Dunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 07:16 AM   #18

National RV Owners Club
Just got ok from the dw to get the Winegard Carryout satellite dish. With the auto set-up, this thing is so cool. We'll use the direct tv receiver box out of the sticks and bricks guest room. Hook up now is going to get interesting. Outside will be easy, running cable directly to the receiver then to the tv. I'm thinking inside will be a bit more of a challenge, since the feed has to go from the dish, to the receiver, then to the tv or distribution box. It'll be fun figuring it out if it ever warms up here in Northern Nevada.
Old 04-03-2012, 08:11 AM   #19

Sounds like you have the situation surrounded. Dish > Reciever > Box or TV. My concern would be if Direct TV would jack you around for moving the receiver from the bedroom. I've read other post about them doing such that and requiring a fee or taking a long time to transfer the zip code every time the poster moved his RV.

Dunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 11:36 PM   #20

National RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunner View Post
Sounds like you have the situation surrounded. Dish > Reciever > Box or TV. My concern would be if Direct TV would jack you around for moving the receiver from the bedroom. I've read other post about them doing such that and requiring a fee or taking a long time to transfer the zip code every time the poster moved his RV.
I guess I'll have to wait and see if they jack me around. I sure hope not since we've got 5 receivers in the house and a premium package with all channels.