Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > National RV Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-05-2017, 10:57 AM   #1

Low airflow from dash vents on 2000 Tradewind.

I have very low airflow from my dash vents with both heat and AC. I can't hear the fan changing speed as I select between low and high. Anyone have any ideas?
Rdhenderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-05-2017, 11:04 AM   #2

Ford Super Duty Owner
What chassis are you on?

My first thought is you have a bad blower speed resistor or a bad connection to it. These are generally mounted on the heater plenum with wires going to it and the blower motor.

Without knowing the chassis type, its difficult to point you where to look for the resistor.

It might look something like this:

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/s...LNIaAiuM8P8HAQ

Waiter21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2017, 11:44 AM   #3
mrk

All 1998-2000 Tradewinds are built on Freightliner chassis.

I'd suggest checking to see if the air flow diverters are operating. Open the access to the generator and look at the plentum above it. There should be two openings, and those openings should close when the A/C is on, at least I think they should close. I'm sure they'd be closed if you had the A/C on 'recirculate'.

If the doors inside these openings don't close, maybe all your heated or cooled air is going outside.
Old 07-05-2017, 05:01 PM   #4

Air vents

I do not have a TW but I was working on my AC today. This is on a 01 Caribbean which is the same set up as yours. On recirt the flaps are closed but do open to take in air. Mine were taking in air and not blowing any out the flaps when not set to recirt.
Best guess is a faulty selector switch not actually going on high setting. My gripe is the condensation leaking from the cover on the genie and not going down the condensation tube. Tried to seal it but won't know if I got it fixed until it gets dry.
Whaler2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2017, 05:12 PM   #5

Air vents

I noticed my fresh air flaps were closed on recirt and open otherwise and taking in air while I was working on mine today. Condensation leaks out of the flaps and cover on mine. The tube is open but placed too high in the cover to drain all the water which then leaks on the genie.
Tried to seal it today but won't know until it is dried.
Cannot help with the solution but I am sure the others will point you in the right direction. Good luck!
Whaler2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2017, 08:02 AM   #6

National RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rdhenderson View Post
I have very low airflow from my dash vents with both heat and AC. I can't hear the fan changing speed as I select between low and high. Anyone have any ideas?
First thing I would check is the aux vacuum pump without vacuum those vent do not operate.
jaywolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2017, 01:47 PM   #7

my vacuum pump located on the fire wall when you open the front cab generator access cover did not have power. The line is present. I jumpered the 12volt supply with a battery and started the rig. The vacuum pump allowed the louvers to operate just fine inside. Trying to trace out my red switched power for my vacuum pump.

from another forum member helping me. Dick Berrys.
https://onedrive.live.com/?id=AE67FF...67FFF392766057

The default setting for the louvers is defrost mostly without vacuum fwiw.

Tags
dash, vent