Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > National RV Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-13-2011, 07:37 AM   #15

Hi All,

I was able to drop my microwave in my 2005 Dolphin without having to remove the mirrors. I think you will break more mirrors trying to remove the mirrors then leaving them in place. After you remove the screws located in the front of the cabinet the Microwave will drop down in the front. Allow the front to swing down but do not allow the back of the microwave to contact the mirrors. At the proper angle push up on the back of the oven until it clears the bracket on the wall. To re-install simple reverse the process. It is a 2 man job but not too difficult.

~Bill
Bill WA6YBD is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-13-2011, 08:48 AM   #16

National RV Owners Club
Newmar Owners Club
Triple E Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegasdan View Post
If you have those mirrors on the back and side walls, you will probably break the side mirror as they put the mirrors in after the micro was hung, not enough space to clear the mirrors.
I can tell you from experience, on a 2004 Dolphin with mirrors on the back and the side you can remove the microwave without breaking them. Wife and I did it - if your wife isnt as strong as mine get a 2nd guy.
Old 04-13-2011, 09:10 PM   #17

I removed my microwave without damaging the mirrors.Just be carefull when lowering it.
bldrbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 08:17 AM   #18

National RV Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Well, mine broke so I thought I'd just be Mr. Helpful. We are replacing ours anyway as we really didn't like the mirrors behind the cooktop. We are putting in Corian tall splashes. Theberrys did as well and put in tiled backsplashes, big improvement.
Vegasdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 08:19 PM   #19

National RV Owners Club
Newmar Owners Club
Triple E Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegasdan View Post
Well, mine broke so I thought I'd just be Mr. Helpful. We are replacing ours anyway as we really didn't like the mirrors behind the cooktop. We are putting in Corian tall splashes. Theberrys did as well and put in tiled backsplashes, big improvement.

as always, your mileage may vary.