RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > National RV Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 02-20-2015, 08:11 AM   #1

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Mirrors on backsplash

Any good tips or ideas about removing mirrors on stove backsplash?

lilgreek7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-20-2015, 09:03 AM   #2

National RV Owners Club
I replaced mine with tiles. They were held on with double sided foam tape. I used a heat gun on low to soften the sticky bit and pried them off with a wide blade putty knife. After they were off a bottle of Spray Goo-Gone removed the rest of the tape.

PIX Here ... https://onedrive.live.com/?cid=AE67F...057%211715&v=3

Dick

Old 02-20-2015, 09:05 AM   #3

National RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Carolina Campers
Very nice job, got to get mine gone too.
trode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2015, 12:32 PM   #4

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Wow! Looks great Dick! I must hide this from DW. Not sure if mine is going to come out as nice. :-) Thanks for the input.
Old 02-20-2015, 12:52 PM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
I second that emotion Dick. Did you attach the tile on plywood then screw that to the wall?
Bigdsl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2015, 07:26 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theberrys View Post
I replaced mine with tiles. They were held on with double sided foam tape. I used a heat gun on low to soften the sticky bit and pried them off with a wide blade putty knife. After they were off a bottle of Spray Goo-Gone removed the rest of the tape.

PIX Here ... https://onedrive.live.com/?cid=AE67F...057%211715&v=3

Dick
Very Very Nice outcome Dick. You Do Very Good Work Sir! Looks Great! As to the OP, you might want to hire Dick and his DW to do yours!
04 Dolphin 6375 LX W-24 Chassis #434136
"The Journey is our Destination" Unionville, Tn.
Dmorgan6375 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2015, 04:34 PM   #7

National RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigdsl View Post
I second that emotion Dick. Did you attach the tile on plywood then screw that to the wall?
We attached the tiles to the Wonder-Board in the shed and carried it assembled to the coach. Then used contractors glue and screws to attach it to the wall. If I had it to do again I'd use this stuff. Check it out.

Custom Building Products SimpleMat 30 sq. ft. Tile Setting Mat Value Roll-SMCR30 - The Home Depot

It's like Double sided tape and made for installing a backsplash. Others on the board have used it with good results. In the end $1.70 a Sq./Ft. is about a push coast wise and it's a lot lighter and less messy. You still need to grout so that cost is about the same.
Dick

BTW: Did you notice the "Ceiling Bling" DW and I added to the old girl, (Coach not DW "? What a project that was.
https://onedrive.live.com/?cid=AE67F...057%211674&v=3
Old 02-21-2015, 09:32 PM   #8

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
You do great work Dick! I would like to cover my ceiling as well. Is there a certain reason to dropped the ceiling? Or was it just to design it with crown molding bling? Whatever reason, it came out great.
Old 02-22-2015, 02:41 AM   #9

Monaco Owners Club
Very nice job Dick. I took a look at that simple mat... WOW how sweet that stuff seems. Hard to wrap my noodle around just sticking that to the wall then sticking tile to it with no thinset. Especially being in a moving, flexing, bumpy environment. You say others have used it, anyone give any long term progress reports?
And that ceiling medallion with the lights looks really sweet. Between that and the tile backsplash, folks will be thinking she's a 2009, not a '99.

And your dear wife doesn't need any extra bling....she's plenty pretty just the way she is. What a great gal to help with the remodeling!
Bigdsl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2015, 09:56 AM   #10

National RV Owners Club
Thanks guys. I'll look for a thread that used the tape for a backsplash. I'm pretty sure VegasDan used it to install his Corian backsplash.
Started renovation on Tradewinds

I created the drop-ceiling's molding: I couldn't find any in walnut for sale so I made it myself. This drop allowed me to use the existing lights. All I had to do was run the switch wires to a bank of three switches in front of the add-on. It also made using Auto Headliner material for the area inside the frames a natural.

DW not only is a looker and a lot younger than me she's gotten back into singing and plays music as well. She has done two gigs at the local VA Hospital this year, just to entertain the ex-troops. I'm real lucky: When we met I must have been "rich and had a really bad cough". That's the only reason I can think of for her to marry me.
http://youtu.be/m-ZfnmLoTLE?list=PLL...3E6LRboQIBY-Pn

Dick