Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > National RV Owner's Forum
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 04-25-2012, 06:04 PM   #15

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
OP said they bought coach in July of '07. I believe NRV was still considered in business as of that date. They declared bankruptcy around Oct or Nov if I recall, so they were not bankrupt when the coach was purchased.
Plenty of NRV coaches are still being sold at fair and competitive prices. If the OP has a particular rant, they need to reply with some legitimate concerns.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-25-2012, 06:30 PM   #16

iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by angelarae View Post
I own a 2008 National RV that I baught in July 2007, I believe the dealer was well aware of the bankruptcy and sold it to me anyways. Now I can't get things fixed and NOBODY will take it on trade unless I want to give them 100K! Does anybody know of any lawyers or suits that are possibly associated with National RVs bankruptcy or any ideas are welcomed!
Why would you even consider suing? The dealer was under no legal requirement to inform you of a bankruptcy. That's open knowledge for anyone to find out about.
Most shops will fix the unit, but you will have to pay for it since there is no factory/company to support it.
Hopefully you got a good deal on it and can use that savings to fix what's wrong.

Old 04-25-2012, 07:37 PM   #17

National RV Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Seems to me that the post is vague and some of it just doesn't make sense.
Vegasdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 08:21 PM   #18

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Send a message via ICQ to Fred and Bonnie
Court documents indicate the assets were being liquidated as early as Nov-Dec 2007. The docket number indicates the BK was filed in June '07.

fred
Fred and Bonnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 08:40 PM   #19

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred and Bonnie View Post
Court documents indicate the assets were being liquidated as early as Nov-Dec 2007. The docket number indicates the BK was filed in June '07.
Thanks for the clarification Fred. I suppose dealers should have had the knowledge of a bankruptcy proceeding, although they may not have known that the ultimate outcome was to be liquidation and dissolution of NRV.
I bought my coach in Sep. 2007 and was not aware of the situation. I even emailed NRV in October and got a call from a factory tech in response, which made me think they were still in business. I learned of the BK a few weeks later.
Old 04-25-2012, 09:54 PM   #20

Bought my Sea Breeze National RV in Nov 06 and was fully aware of the possible financial outcomes of National RV. As with any purchase a buyer responsible for due diligence.

It is on a Ford chassis, no parts or repair problems. The only thing that is pure National RV is the coach structure. All the hardware is built by someone else, Dometic refer and awnings, Power Gear, DuoTherm, Generac, and the list goes on.
I have no problems with the coach.
garym114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 09:55 PM   #21

National RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
All I can say is that we purchased our National RV last year (June 2011) fully knowing that NRV was more than a few years out of business. After looking at various Class A RV's over the last couple of years, I know our NRV Sea Breeze 1311 was *THE* best value for our dollar, and a great RV to boot.

We've been living in our Sea Breeze full-time since we bought it 11 months ago, through a New England winter no less - the reasons for that are many and would require its own post - and we have no regrets .. we're 2 adults and 2 full size Labradors in a 32', single bathroom motorhome.

We hope that you can come to a satisfactory resolution for your situation.
2Labs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 09:39 AM   #22

National RV Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
We bought a 2000 Tradewinds last year. We were well aware that National was out of business. The only parts that may be hard to find are body parts. Everything else on the coach is made by someone else. We have had 2 repairs done with no problems. We would buy another National RV without hesitation.
chasmatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 09:53 AM   #23

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Ford Super Duty Owner
Carolina Campers
I have no compunction recommending a National to anyone, even though they are orphaned. Like many others have said, the only thing on the coach that is unique to National are the front and rear caps, basement doors, etc. Those can be made by a company who bought the molds from National.

No problems getting mine serviced.
Ramblin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 09:56 AM   #24

National RV Owners Club
What Happened to the OP????????????????????
sgtjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 01:38 PM   #25

National RV Owners Club
One would hope this forum is used honestly, and with good intention.............
Old 04-26-2012, 02:12 PM   #26

National RV Owners Club
I looked at the Pacifica's in Yuma when Dillion had them after National went under. Really nice units, but couldn't part with the two huge closets in my Tradewinds.
sgtjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 09:38 AM   #27

National RV Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by sgtjoe
What Happened to the OP????????????????????
It's called fishing from a boat ehile underway...Or, that ugly little person that sits under a bridge to extract a toll...
bigdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 12:17 PM   #28

2008 Pacifica

Thanks for all of the responses. We appreciate knowing that in the real world and not the dealer world people still are interested in these coaches. We have a major problem with ours ~ the Roof is ripping off, we are taking it to a dealer in Utah to have them look at it. This unit has been stored in our shop in the winters and has absolutley no reason to have started doing this. I do believe this does fall under the National list of things that ARE NOT covered. Anyways we will get this fixed hopefully along with a few other items. We have 3 kids and it just isn't fitting our family very well, we really wanted to trade for a coach with bunks. We love our coach just the sleeping capacity is too small as we travel all over the country racing motocross. So if anybody knows of anyone looking for a beautiful National Pacifica we will sale for what we owe. If interested email me. Thanks again for all the feedback it has been very helpful!

Tags
national